grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have not liked anything Ritchie has done for a long time;I doubt this will change my mind. I liked him when he was doing fun,inventive crime thrillers, but don't like his big budget work.

You and me both, I say, despite having only watched one of his low budget crime thrillers like eight times.

Edited by Morieris

On 4/25/2018 at 12:15 AM, Valonqar said:

Genie in the drag + Warrior Jasmine + Bollywood dance = not in the cartoon

tumblr_lnojdzptNS1qbz40so1_400.gif970878da9bbe85b47dee0d520d5845ec.gif

giphy.gif

And it says "Jasmine will stand up for herself", which she always did in the cartoon.

giphy.gif

And "Bollywood style dance numbers" could just be referring to the Arabian crowd dances. The movie was always a mishmash of Arabic and Indian cultural influences.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I am surprised Disney did not have a small teaser for this ready for IW.  

Movie's more than a year away and they have a ton of stuff that needs promotion before this. Most likely the first trailer will land with Nutcracker.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Movie's more than a year away and they have a ton of stuff that needs promotion before this. Most likely the first trailer will land with Nutcracker.

But if feel like with all the teens and 20 years that love MCU are also the target audience for this. I just thought Disney would want to build the hype for this early. Still a long ways away. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I like Guy Ritchie blockbusters but they do look atrocious visually.

The Two Sherlocks, King Arthur, he goes for those grey, brown tones all the time yuck !!!

Those films required a "grey" palette ... but Aladdin has been said to be very colorful what they showed on "behind the scenes". 

I wonder if the monkey and the parrot will be there in the movie. 

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think it'll be sooner than that. Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast both had their teasers come out 10 months before their respective releases, so maybe a teaser might come with Christopher Robin?

“We got to write a new song for Jasmine,” Paul tells Variety. “Alan wrote a beautiful piece of music and [Scott] is incredible.”

They also wrote a duet for Aladdin and Jasmine. “It’s a sweet song,” Paul said.

They even got to write a new verse for the original film’s “Arabian Nights.” “Aladdin” is set for release on May 24, 2019.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/aladdin-justin-paul-and-benj-pasek-reveal-details-of-new-songs-for-live-action-reboot-exclusive-1202904865/

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Yes, a new song for Aladdin and Jasmine! I'm a sucker for their "parallel lives" themed love story.

A solo for Jasmine is also welcome. Really liked "To Be Free" from Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Good to know that Naomi Scott can sing. Considering that Hollywood is inexplicably putting her in leading roles despite unimpressive job in Power Rangers and poor resume, I guess there's more than meets the eye. 

Who in this has a resume aside from Smith and Gitchie?