grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

51 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, but Disney's also done well with Beauty and the Beast, The Jungle Book, and Cinderella. It's quite possible Aladdin will perform similarly to one of those three. Plus, I remember seeing on here and over the net that Beauty and the Beast was a bad remake, but that still made 500 million domestic and over a billion worldwide. You're right in that it may fail, but it has a higher chance of being a success.

Not to mention Lion King.

I don't get people who are fans of the Disney Studio. It likes being a fan of Standard Oil, or Citibank,or any other gigantic corporation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

BATB was bad but it was so bad it didn't even have what it took to be aggressively bad. It was bland bad, gutless bad. It looked like it hit all the beats safely even if lifelessly. The kind of bad that the GA would consider bad here is in looking somehow off-puttingly strange, which can happen for sure. 

I just think that Ritchie was a terrible choice for director for this. That gives a promise of a really bad film.

I also think that every winning streak has to end, sooner or later Disney will make a anmatation to live action film that will fail, and Alladin looks like it could be it.

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't get people who are fans of the Disney Studio. It likes being a fan of Standard Oil, or Citibank,or any other gigantic corporation.

Every studio is a giant Corporation. Universal/Illumination, Disney/Fox/Marvel/Pixar/Lucasfilm, Warner, Sony, Paramount all of them. They're just different shades. But the fact is, not everyone cares about this fact.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 2

Even though I agree that this could be a dud, I still find it wildly ironic how people are so easily willing to say this will flop yet insist TLK is going to be the biggest thing ever when Aladdin wasn’t too far out of the ballpark of TLK in terms of biggest and most beloved animated successes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

I just think that Ritchie was a terrible choice for director for this. That gives a promise of a really bad film.

I also think that every winning streak has to end, sooner or later Disney will make a anmatation to live action film that will fail, and Alladin looks like it could be it.

Disney would have released all their major beloved Disney live-action remakes by 2019-2020 (aside from Mermaid and Frozen) They won't have much big guns left so its going to go downhill fast anyways......They are making Maleficent 2 for crying out loud...🤣 

16 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Disney will just start making live action versions of Pixar films. 

Its not just the same .......Live action Nemo, Cars, Monsters, Toy Story would be awkward as hell....Live action Brave and the Rat movie  maybe....They seem pretty desperate so I won't be surprised if they tried. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hades said:

Its not just the same .......Live action Nemo, Cars, Monsters, Toy Story would be awkward as hell....Live action Brave and the Rat movie  maybe....They seem pretty desperate so I won't be surprised if they tried. 

Brave is an awful awful movie. They don't need to waste money on bear transformations cause it isn't cinematic for live action. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:37 AM, EmpireCity said:

I told you guys months ago the footage looks awful, the cast is shitty, the set design and costume design is poor and it is shot like a really bad Richie movie.  It is going to bomb very very hard.  

Most likely.  

Unfortunately, this is what I've been feeling all along.

Is this whole "footage and set of Aladdin looks horrible" just an opinion of a few from a very rough cut display? Not sure I can trust that opinion quite yet, especially considering it was a whole year before the film's release. Jumping the gun a bit. Aladdin should easily pass $300 million domestic because it will already have a backing and fan base. $400 million maybe not but $350 million domestic shouldn't be so hard.

As far as Brave, a live action version would be not such a great idea. However, Merida is a great character and it would be interesting if they created stories/movies based on her character that are more in lines of a Mulan/LOTR kind of thing.