grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Hmmm... WW not really. As a matter of fact, that film did a little less than expected outside the US, with all the buzz and great word of mouth it had. So, "Aladdin" is definitely more impressive. If it really shows legs as it seems it will, 1 billion is not impossible. And I remember predicting 255 million $ in the US and 450-500 million $ max outside the US.

• Haha 1

Aladdin has more consecutive days over $1 million than Endgame. EG made it to 38 days (dropped to $869K on its 39th day-June 3). Aladdin made $1.56 million on its 39th day (Monday, July 1). It will have continued it yesterday with $2 million and will likely continue it through Sunday, July 7 unless it somehow takes a huge tumble on July 4th.

Avatar holds the record with 80 days. Of course it won't touch that But TFA logged 45 days. Aladdin has a shot at that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Aladdin has more consecutive days over $1 million than Endgame. EG made it to 38 days (dropped to $869K on its 39th day-June 3). Aladdin made $1.56 million on its 39th day (Monday, July 1). It will have continued it yesterday with $2 million and will likely continue it through Sunday, July 7 unless it somehow takes a huge tumble on July 4th.

Avatar holds the record with 80 days. Of course it won't touch that But TFA logged 45 days. Aladdin has a shot at that.

I posted this in another thread, but, for this decade, I think a few films have reached 52 days (Black Panther, Avengers and Incredibles 2 I believe). It might have a chance at matching those, which is impressive as each of those opened to double what Aladdin did. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, Hunch said:

This is now third fiddle in May after Avengers and Pikachu. Families won't be willing to shell out $100 for a night out for the kids (between tickets, popcorn, soda, gas) three times in a row.

It's about to get Solo'd.

:hahaha:The current gross right now said otherwise. What a fail of a prediction.

Ergo: The next @BK007 in terms if predicting movies.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

7 hours ago, jedijake said:

How long can Aladdin keep this sub-30% drop thing going? Will it end July 19th due to TLK or will TLK help it to keep going?

I'd say it's definitely going to help it. It's basically the most perfect double feature ever. I think 360 is in the bag, it's already outpacing Inside Out now with better numbers and holds. 4x multi is the question now, which will take 366. 

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

With this Sunday, Aladdin enters a massive tie for 5th place in “most consecutive days above 1M” among films this decade. If Monday can stay above, it will pull ahead of JW, TFA, WW, and IW at 45, and at least tie Frozen’s 47. If Mon, Tues, and Thirs all make it it will tie for first place with TA, BP, and I2 at 52 days. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:37 PM, Thanos Legion said:

OW ranked 68th (now 69 after TS4).

2nd weekend ranked 81st (now 82nd after TS4).

3rd weekend ranked 76th.

4th weekend ranked 58th.

5th weekend ranked 36th.

6th weekend ranks 40th.   

Next weekend only needs 7.5 to rise again in rankings.

With 7.52M, Aladdin 7th weekend ranks 39th, slightly rising again. It missed Spider-man by four hundred dollars. Flat at 40th place :rofl: To stay flat next weekend would require 6M.   

Should end up somewhere in this range, probably on the lower end. 

99-FF9-EA5-B87-D-412-E-8-CF7-56-F93-DA26

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

With this Sunday, Aladdin enters a massive tie for 5th place in “most consecutive days above 1M” among films this decade. If Monday can stay above, it will pull ahead of JW, TFA, WW, and IW at 45, and at least tie Frozen’s 47. If Mon, Tues, and Thirs all make it it will tie for first place with TA, BP, and I2 at 52 days. 

This is just crazy impressive. What a run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

And to think that I have yet to watch this movie.

I've seen it 10+ times already, lost count long ago. Still keep watching it, because they will keep it in cinemas like forever.

Best feel good movie to tap your toes to, ever! :)

Finally the dumb Hollywood decided to make a Bollywood influenced movie (this), an Arabian fantasy movie (this, after Prince of Persia), and a Chinese period movie (Mulan 2020).

The Shay has been yelling to them to do so for DECADES!! Practically slapped them in their face with the billions they could make this way! Nada. The dumb amateurs kept making their USA-centric filler - and would have kept on doing so till their bankruptcy! Fortune sometimes favours the dumb though, so a couple of their preexisting big properties (the 90ies classic animations) happened to be in diverse period settings. That was the only reason and the only way for these idiots to make something bold and good.

Hopefully, now that not only the Shay prophet, but also they themselves have seen the said billions - they will keep on making Bollywood, Arabian, Chinese and Japanese* based big blockbusters.

* But NO Godzilla! Never!! MANGA - big yes!! Godzilla - big NO!! That is some fucked up brony shit no serious person would watch.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I've seen it 10+ times already, lost count long ago. Still keep watching it, because they will keep it in cinemas like forever.

Best feel good movie to tap your toes to, ever! :)

Finally the dumb Hollywood decided to make a Bollywood influenced movie (this), an Arabian fantasy movie (this, after Prince of Persia), and a Chinese period movie (Mulan 2020).

The Shay has been yelling to them to do so for DECADES!! Practically slapped them in their face with the billions they could make this way! Nada. The dumb amateurs kept making their USA-centric filler - and would have kept on doing so till their bankruptcy! Fortune sometimes favours the dumb though, so a couple of their preexisting big properties (the 90ies classic animations) happened to be in diverse period settings. That was the only reason and the only way for these idiots to make something bold and good.

Hopefully, now that not only the Shay prophet, but also they themselves have seen the said billions - they will keep on making Bollywood, Arabian, Chinese and Japanese* based big blockbusters.

* But NO Godzilla! Never!! MANGA - big yes!! Godzilla - big NO!! That is some fucked up brony shit no serious person would watch.

10+ Jesus. And I thought my four viewings was on the upper end.

• Like 2