grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't like Aladdin actor cause he looks like a douche. I'm getting Amazing Spiderman vibe from him. 

But Naomi looks great and Will is Will. Looks fun and I don't know why people expected a CGI blue Genie. we were told Will will look like Will no? 

Agree with this. I think she’ll be a great Jasmine. Hopefully this’ll do more for her career than Power Rangers did. 

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Then why have Smith on the cover at all if he's still a work in progress? Just keep him a mystery until you have enough good VFX stuff to work with as a trailer, just keep Aladdin and Jasmine on the cover, bada boom.

This doesn’t even make sense because in the pictures he’s not blue either. So they spent all this time and make up to get Will Smith to look like that but then they’re just gonna CGI him in? 

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Agree with this. I think she’ll be a great Jasmine. Hopefully this’ll do more for her career than Power Rangers did. 

TBH, I'm getting a POTC vibe from this:

Will = CJS. Everyone laughed at him when they saw images and trailer but he became iconic once people saw the actual performance. Buzz has been great about Will's so that's what. I'm sure that his look will mash well with his take on the character

Jasmine = Elizabeth. Big break for Keira and big break for Naomi

Aladdin = Will. The blandest and least popular. The actor (Bloom) became more famous for dating models and singers than acting. This one should disappear faster.

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Is the final design Will Smith with blue all over him? Because from the looks of it that’s the only thing that’s gonna be different, and the floating too.

OW: $140M (the nostalgia kids will rush to see this obviously)

DOM: $300M

WW: $700M

The movie can't make only $300 million off of a $140 million OW. That's a 2.14 multiplier. Ain't gonna happen.

But I don't see the OW being as high as $140 million. 

That being said, the movie won't be a total failure unless Disney decides to throw it under the bus. And they won't do that for one of their all time beloved tales. (Artemis Fowl on the other hand....)

I can see $115-$125 million OW and $330-$360 million domestic. Maybe higher if the film can escape the bad press we see on boards like this.

EW never does a film justice, especially THIS early.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jedijake said:

For people who didn't bother to read the article:

The final version of Will Smith’s Genie in his blue floating lamp form isn’t quite finished — the film is due in theaters on May 24, 2019 — but Ritchie gives EW a tease of what he’ll look like.

People are either overreacting, want this to tank, or are placing value on the EW cover alone. I'm personally excited for the movie and think it will be fine.

This wasn't a wise decision regardless, because they're essentially showing something that isn't finished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

This wasn't a wise decision regardless, because they're essentially showing something that isn't finished.

That I agree with. That was my first impression. Why give people a false impression of what the film is going to be? People will see this on news stands. I suppose they will have another article later on and the trailer (probably early 2019) will surprise people.

As for Aladdin, he's a thief. He stole the shirt.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The movie can't make only $300 million off of a $140 million OW. That's a 2.14 multiplier. Ain't gonna happen.

But I don't see the OW being as high as $140 million. 

That being said, the movie won't be a total failure unless Disney decides to throw it under the bus. And they won't do that for one of their all time beloved tales. (Artemis Fowl on the other hand....)

I can see $115-$125 million OW and $330-$360 million domestic. Maybe higher if the film can escape the bad press we see on boards like this.

EW never does a film justice, especially THIS early.

Maybe I put it too high but I can see a drop so harsh if the press, trailers, AND critical reception don’t do it justice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I tell it as a big fan of Disney animated movies : Genie not being blue, not seeming "magical" is a big NO NO, Disney is trying to save money on FX and it's unacceptable!

ab90JRa.gif

Again, did  you read the article? Did you see the other posts about the Genie?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

Again, did  you read the article? Did you see the other posts about the Genie?

Not when I posted this, I reacted to the EW cover.

Still, not being "finished" doesn't mean Genie will necessarily acceptable in the end, it could be very close to "finished" in the end, it can mean many things.

I like Jasmine though at least, but Aladdin and Genie? Meh...

• Like 1

Also the competition is big for this so if they don’t get their act together, they’re going to disappoint financially. Beauty and the Beast had competition too but it’s buzz was high, everything looked faithful to the animated movie, Emma Watson looked right unlike Will Smith, and marketing started a year early as well. 

This is on the other hand has Pikachu, which could could be the big breakout of May and develop legs, and Godzilla which is getting better praise and could steal some of its overseas audiences. Not to mention John Wick, Rocketman, Brightburn, and even Toy Story 4. (Dark Phoenix is not a threat though ;))

• Like 1

49067544_326399624634938_852667646682857

I think we'll be seeing the Genie in at least 2 forms: his classic blue form when he's first released (the unfinished form as mentioned in the article) and a human form that we'll be seeing as he interacts with the rest of the movies cast to not give away his genie identity ("Prince Ali" and how in the EW pic they seem to be talking in public).

So Im guessing the EW look is gonna make it on screen, its just that its one of the Genie's many assumed forms.

26 minutes ago, jedijake said:

For people who didn't bother to read the article:

The final version of Will Smith’s Genie in his blue floating lamp form isn’t quite finished — the film is due in theaters on May 24, 2019 — but Ritchie gives EW a tease of what he’ll look like.

People are either overreacting, want this to tank, or are placing value on the EW cover alone. I'm personally excited for the movie and think it will be fine.

They pick these photos months in advance. They had the time to work on one still and one shot alone. 

They knew they were gonna get shit and thus put that statement into the article. What we're seeing now is probably a very very strong indicator of what  we're gonna get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1