grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I admit, the image of will smith is shocking, but i find it hilarious that people complain that Will Smith doesn't look like in the animated version. a few months ago people complained about these live action movies copying the original ones. now disney is giving something different, people still complain...

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

Just now, Crainy said:

Will Smith as the genie looks precious, even without CGI. I look forward to his performance, I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Outside of that, Im not convinced by what we have seen so far, which to be fair, is very little.

I bet it will only get better as they release more footage

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

I admit, the image of Alladdin is shocking, but i find it hilarious that people complain that Will Smith doesn't look like in the animated version. a few months ago people complained about these live action movies copying the original ones. now disney is giving something different, people still complain...

I think by different, they mean more to the story, that’s just my guess. I thought the Beast’s song in Beauty and the Beast was a....fine addition to the movie. But here, the Genie is almost as iconic if not more iconic than Aladdin himself, and a complete redesign might not go well with audiences.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

Jesus, it looks abhorrent. Abu looks like one of the creatures from that Coldplay music video directed by Andy Serkis.... I couldn't tell you that was Abu if I didn't know already. This is going to suck so bad.

I'm all for different interpretations, but at least try to make them not look worse than what came before, amirite?

Edited by MCKillswitch123