WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Gosh! You guys keep wanting this movie to fail so bad!!

a 56% drop but still higher than DM2's 2nd weekend and total 10 day gross. Yes it might end up DOM less but it is not a flop nor does it have toxic, flopping word of mouth.

It's a joke, relax.

I do want IO to finish higher than Minions but I don't wish that hard for Minions to fail.

• Like 1

Assuming Minions follows Shrek the Third, it'll get 26.4M next weekend.

Exactly what am thinking too..

Shrek 3's 10 day total is 203 mill

Minions' 10 day total is 217 million

Assuming a similar Shrek 3 for the rest of its run, it brings it to 340 million or 345 DOM.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

What are you? The luckiest guy on the planet??? I have never bought a single Blu-ray. I haven't even ever brought a DVD except for a few pirated ones... Btw....er... which city d'you live in? I live in Agra. Any chance we share the same city??

I live in Delhi (Ghaziabad to be precise). Not very far! :)

BTW, I keep hearing here that Ant Man is "not bad" but its imdb rating is pretty high atm(8.1) and will probably settle over 7.5.

comic book movies always have high ratings early on IMDB because of fan boy voting.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

It's a joke, relax.

I do want IO to finish higher than Minions but I don't wish that hard for Minions to fail.

Both are huge wins - agreed:)

Both are heading for 340 million + which puts them 6th and 7th DOM all time in the animated category - pretty impressive (after Shrek 2, Frozen, TS3, Lion King, Nemo and DM2)

But my original post specifically said harsh projection for Sunday. ;):P

Oh yeah, sorry. I talked about JW having good holds in my earlier comment so I was still thinking about that more than the pjojected Sunday hold.  :lol:

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

MinaTakla, you apparently don't realize that we here at BOF loathe juvenile humor in animated films with every fiber of our being, and pray to the cinema gods every night to smite every animated film that is not mature and nuanced. :)

Or at least that's the impression I get from people wanting Minions to fail, previously wanting Home to fail and DreamWorks to go out of business, and so on. I didn't really enjoy Minions that much either, but I am not going to throw a fit when the GA enjoy a movie more than I did (especially when they have shown they also equally enjoyed Inside Out, which I did enjoy).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

Typical overreaction of the internet the same way as a movie called SUICIDE SQUAD will be a one off for the DCU.. With a title like SUICIDE SQUAD, what kind of an audience do you expect to buy into something like that beyond the internet/comic-con crowd???

No that was coming from within Marvel. I think it was mentioned on the podcast Shawn and Jamie do

Yeah, they get lower % then DOM but its still not as low as 25%. Barring a few exceptions (like China and even it gives atleast 30%), almost no market gives less than 35% to the studio. So one may take a 35-40% avg for OS and even that would be conservative. 

Yeah. You won't find Ant Man in any theatre in the whole country. Coz its getting released here next weekend XD  As for TG, its already been more than two weeks since it got released and unless foreign movies are making good money, they don't remain in most theatres here for more than 3 weekends. Who would keep TG when you have blockbusters like Bahubali or Bhaaijaan incoming?

I'm fully aware of its Indian release date. The guy at the cinema said they would continue to show JW in IMAX on the weekend starting 24/07/15 despite Ant-Man's release. Not sure if they're going to share the screen or what. I got no new movies in Dubai throughout Ramadan because the fasting would affect cinemas' popcorn sales, and now that I'm here and I find out that several movies such as IO and TG have come and gone already. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to watch JW for the fourteenth time :P