Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

Been trying to make a top 10 list but its way too hard. Here's what I got; they aren't exactly in order but the top ones are near the top and the bottom ones are near the bottom. Just no exact order :P

1. Big Fish

2. Star Wars (in general)

3. Tarzan (1999)

4. Spider-Man (2002)

5. Harry Potter (in general)

6. Matilda

7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

8. The Incredibles

9. Mrs. Doubtfire

10. Can't decide (Elf, Titanic, Forrest Gump, many others)

Big Fish rocked while also making me bawl my eyes out.

Also, its basically the relationship my dad had with his father, except the dad was gone for years at a time and they never reconcilled, so perhaps that gives it a little more punch for me.

• Like 2

TBH, if I didn't know that Christopher McQ directed Rogue Nation and you told that it was a Nolan film I wouldn't bat an eye. It would totally fit in with his filmography.

No.

Not enough first act exposition, not enough dead females.

• Like 4

I suggest Brad Bird gets surgery to change his appearance, changes his name to McSwag Dog. The world will never know that Brad Bird directed it and they can keep up there whole thing about having a different director for each film and most importantly we can get a second Brad Bird Mission Impossible movie

They tried that with Renner. He's lacking charisma. And it almost always feels contrived when they try that kind stuff.  I see Cruise taking this momentum as far as he can, one or two more.  My bet is when he's done, Paramount fully reboots...or basically does, and has Cruise cameo as a mentor.

If Fast & Furious franchise can take it to No. 8 and 9 (very possible), why can't MI series which I think has better action, script, acting, and photography.

And yes: NO crummy-looking CGI, baby!!!

Re: action scenes: that's how you shoot chase sequences, with bad-ass wide angle lenses. The poorly composed, fast-cutting of FF & Transformers movies are looking lamer & lamer nowadays.

Edited by zackzack

Big Fish rocked while also making me bawl my eyes out.

Also, its basically the relationship my dad had with his father, except the dad was gone for years at a time and they never reconcilled, so perhaps that gives it a little more punch for me.

It's an 11/10 knocked down to 10 because of Ewan's accent.

• Like 2