Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

No.. The REAL Fans who grew up with this have rejected it and the hipster crybaby millenials are the one's embracing this shit and defending the casting cause if you don't, you're considered a "Hater" which is Pure horse shit....

Funny how you dare to speak for all the other 'real' fans, lay down conditions about what makes a 'real' fan. As usual you seem rather narrow minded. Why am I not surprised.

Only to remind you: I am older than you, not a 'millenial'  and so on.

The only reason I was not happy with the complete cast was then (before we knew anything about story details) IMHO they seem to bo too young,

Mr. Fantastic = genius scientist... finishing school very early.... but did lot's of different work including out of country = not young till the changing incident happens

Ben did not finish early = test pilot... = a certain age / maturity is IMHO to be expected.

But even that wouldn't have turned me of, only sceptical. What I read now about the sum of its story.... problems is, what turns me of

1. Would it be "racist" if Marvel cast a white actor for Black Panther?

2. Do you even realize how the casting of Jordan changed the story, before attacking me?

3. The casting of Michael B. Jordan meant that Johnny Storm could NOT be a biological brother to Susan Storm. That's not racist. That's just scientific fact. Therefore they had to change one of the fundamental story aspects of The Fantastic Four and make them adopted brother and sister.

1. It would not be logical to cast the character as a white as the character is a king to an African country that excludes foreigners

2. It did not changed the story, it only changed one littel detail about two character-siblings. That has nothing to do with a 'story-change'

3. For a story it is utterly not important if siblings are adopted or not, as long as the story is not about finding the true parents... the character needs a kidney or such and so on

Michale B. Jordan actually fits the role though.

Making Johnny Storm black is just Fox's way of distancing the reboot from the old stuff. It's a cheap gimmick, nothing more.

Plus he's the directors friend so fuck the fans who actually read, care about, and supported the comics for decades..

ala Fox with FF?

We can do some reshoots on this thread.

It'll start off with the Friday numbers, then it's going to skip all the way to the actuals. Chewy will have a wig, there will be a 5 minute battle with BKB and then end credits.

• Like 4

Making Johnny Storm black is just Fox's way of distancing the reboot from the old stuff. It's a cheap gimmick, nothing more.

Plus he's the directors friend so fuck the fans who actually read, care about, and supported the comics for decades..

I don't think they went out of their way to make him black, I think they just decided that Michale B. Jordan was the guy for the role

• Like 1

We can do some reshoots on this thread.

It'll start off with the Friday numbers, then it's going to skip all the way to the actuals. Chewy will have a wig, there will be a 5 minute battle with BKB and then end credits.

There is a right way and a wrong way to save a doomed movie in post production.

TMNT showed us the right way, the entire second half of the movie is basically reshoots and (way too obvious) ADR to make Shredder Japanese again. But somehow the storyline still remained (somewhat loosely) logical and had a proper 3 act structure.

F4 showed the hell of a wrong way, Doom is ADR, the storyline is forgotten and the movie ends at what feels like the halfway mark.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

1. It would not be logical to cast the character as a white as the character is a king to an African country that excludes foreigners

2. It did not changed the story, it only changed one littel detail about two character-siblings. That has nothing to do with a 'story-change'

3. For a story it is utterly not important if siblings are adopted or not, as long as the story is not about finding the true parents... the character needs a kidney or such and so on

1.) Just as illogical as then casting a black man to play the role of a white man, who also has a white sister. The sister and father were not made black, which would have at least made a bit more story sense. Instead the sister was kept white, and the father made black.

2.) No different than point number 1.), as casting a white man as Black Panther, according to your reasoning, would be only a little detail.

3.) So why would it be important if a white man was cast as Black Panther, according to your logic? What if they still made the white actor try and fit the story?

Edited by Null

There is a right way and a wrong way to save a doomed movie in post production.

TMNT showed us the right way, the entire second half of the movie is basically reshoots and (way too obvious) ADR to make Shredder Japanese again. But somehow the storyline still remained (somewhat loosely) logical and had a proper 3 act structure.

F4 showed the hell of a wrong way, Doom is ADR, the storyline is forgotten and the movie ends at what feels like the halfway mark.

If Fox really wanted to save the movie they would have had Doom destroy the world but he and the Fantastic Four get sucked into an interdimensional portal before they die as well.

Mr. Fantastic wakes up in a bed with Prof X sitting next to him in a wheelchair saying he has a lot of explaining to do.

Fox's problem solved.

Joel Schumacher did the opposite because he took roles that had already been given to black actors and made them white. hooray?

Finally a director who cares about comic fans

• Like 1

Your right.

Meryl Streep should be the next Batman.

Cate Blanchet played Bob Dylan

In China and in UK for a long time male actors played the female roles, often enough in their normal male clothing with some extra thingies (asseso... something)

I collect Macbeth plays/movies.

I have no problem with e.g. Asian or ... actors playing the story too, as long as they play it good. No problem with modern adaption neither, as long as they play it good and hold the style if its not a version with changing settings

I was asked the difference between a real fan VS a fake fan and I gave my expertise on it..

You write in too absolute formulations IMHO. Your expertise... really? You gave one thing onyl: your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

1.) Just as illogical as then casting a black man to play the role of a white man, who also has a white sister.

2.) No different than point number 1.), as casting a white man as Black Panther, according to your reasoning, would be only a little detail.

3.) So why would it be important if a white man was cast as Black Panther, according to your logic? What if they still made the white actor try and fit the story?

1. Why is it "the role of a white man"?

EXACTLY which is why people stopped caring about Spider-Man when they made him black.

You're on to something here.

Peter Parker and Miles Morales are two individual characters.

They can co-exist as two different Spider-mans and the fans are fine with it.

You write in too absolute formulations IMHO. Your expertise... really? You gave one thing onyl: your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

No, BKB is absolutely an expert in fanboyism.