Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

With these numbers, next weekend could be:

• Straight Outta Compton: $48 million
  • The Man From UNCLE: $21 million
  • MI5: $17 million ($138 million)
  • The Fantastic Four: $9 million ($40 million)
  • The Gift: $8 million ($25 million)
  • Minions: $6 million ($312 million)
  • Vacation: $5.5 million ($45 million)
  • Ricki and the Flash: $5 million ($16 million)
  • Trainwreck: $4.5 million ($98 million)
  • Pixels: $3.5 million ($63 million)
Would love to see Compton open to 8 Mile adjusted ($70-75 million), and UNCLE open to Kingsman numbers ($35-40 million) to reignite the box office. However, $40 million+ for Compton and $20 million+ for UNCLE is enough to prevent next weekend from being a total fail.

If August keeps being this atrocious, I just might start a Sep-Dec (releases only, not actual calendar gross) 2015 over May-Aug 2015 DOM :lol: keyword: might

You forgot Ant-man. It's holding very well so far and should push towards 170M.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/fantastic-four-the-gift-shaun-the-sheep-box-office-1201495506/

UPDATED, Saturday, 8:08 AM

1/2). Fantastic Four (Fox), 3,995 theaters / $11.25M Fri. (includes $2.7M preview) / 3-day gross: $28M / Wk 1

Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (PAR), 3,988 theaters (+32) / $8.2M to $8.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $27.5M to $29M / Total cume: $106M to $108M (-50%) / Wk 2

3). The Gift (STX), 2,503 theaters / $4.1M Fri. (includes $585K preview) / 3-day gross: $10.9M / Wk 1

4). Vacation (WB), 3,430 theaters (+19) / $2.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.6M to $8.8M (-40%) / Total cume: $36.9M / Wk 2

5). Ant-Man (DIS), 2,910 theaters (-412) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day gross: $7.6M to $7.8M / Total cume: $147.3M / Wk 4

6). Minions (UNI), 3,123 theaters (-452) / $2.1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $7.3M / Total cume: $302.7M / Wk 5

7). Ricki and the Flash (SONY), 1,603 theaters / $2.2M Fri. (includes $200K preview) / 3-day gross: $6.6M to $7M+ / Wk 1

8). Trainwreck (UNI), 2,525 theaters (-435) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day gross: $6.2M / Total cume: $91M / Wk 4

9). Pixels (SONY), 2,864 theaters (-859) / $1.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.1M / Total cume: $57.4M/ Wk 3

10). Southpaw (TWC), 2,274 theaters (-498) / $1.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.4M / Total cume: $40.3M / Wk 3

11). Shaun the Sheep (LGF), 2,320 theaters / $1.2M Fri. (715K Wed. preview) / 3-day cume: $4M / 5-day cume: $5.5M / Wk 1

Edited by Black Hawk

Paramount is the one behind The Avengers. Without Paramount there wouldn't be a MCU. But people somehow give Disney credit for this LOL. Paramount was the one that put Avengers on May 4, 2012. Paramount produced in partnership with Marvel Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. Disney had no hand in this. According to all of you the MCU only starts with The Dark World. Because yes, Iron Man 3 was also put on schedule by PARAMOUNT.

Paramount only did distribution. Even marketing was all handled by Marvel.

Boo! Howard is one of my favorite performances in the MCU and he's the best thing about the first Iron Man film

A film that contains RDJ and Jeff Bridges not to mention the guy who helped Tony build the first IM suit and you think Howard is the best part of IM?

• Like 1

81% Friday bump for MI5.

Its 2nd weekend If Sat and Sun are like,

Rise of Apes: 28.03m

Dawn of Apes: 28.40m

Ant-Man : 28.04m

28.03m(-49.41%) to 28.40m(-48.72%)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

I really think that F4 number is off, Gopher and Rth were right on the number for the others. Something is fishy.

Nah, for all its floppage it still showed a bit of an upward slope last night, probably because it skewed younger than Ant-Man opening day. On the flip side that probably means its Saturday will be rough, maybe drop from preview-less Fri.

• Like 2

Um. As far as I know, Paramount was just a distributor. Not a producer. Marvel was basically a large scale indie studio before Disney bought them.

Oh and Avengers would not have made nearly as much as it did on OW without Disney doing the marketing.

Correct. Paramount was going through a phase where they were trying to limit their financial risk by distributing other studios' films. Marvel was going to finance their own movies. Paramount was only a distributor for Iron Man. Marvel financed the film themselves. TIH was financed by Marvel but distributed through Universal.

Disney bought Marvel at the end of 2009. Marvel became part of the Disney machine at that time. Disney decided to keep Marvel Studios as a separate studio under the Walt Disney Studios segment of the company and Kevin Feige was the man in charge of Marvel Studios. Former Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter joined the Disney Board of Directors.

Disney's first Marvel movie was Iron Man 2. Disney was forced to distribute the movie through Paramount because Paramount had signed a 5 picture distribution deal with Marvel before Disney bought Marvel. Paramount was only the distributor for Iron Man 2. The profits, minus Paramount's distribution fee, went to Disney.

Then, Disney had to distribute Thor and CA:TFA through Paramount. Again, Paramount was only the distributor and only received a distribution fee. Disney was very annoyed with Paramount's marketing for Iron Man 2, Thor, and CA:TFA. They felt that while IM2 made Disney a lot of money, it should have made them even more money. They felt that Thor and CA:TFA didn't make more money because of Paramount's marketing.

Disney decided to pay Paramount to go away for The Avengers and Iron Man 3. They paid Paramount money so that Disney could distribute those 2 films themselves. After The Avengers and Iron Man 3, Disney was free from the Paramount distribution deal.

• Like 5

Not sure why I'm still arguing with you since you're obviously very misguided to start with if you think I'm an MCU fanboy. However, I was never arguing TIH isn't part of MCU, but that the GA didn't understand what that was at the time. The whole thing was still too tentative and they made no effort to really connect IM1 and TIH. I never said anything about it not actually being a part of MCU, just that its performance can't be compared to the rest that were released when the GA knew they were part of a franchise.

Oh really? This ad is the MAIN reason I saw TIH on opening weekend and this ad was aired on TV before the film was even released. I didn't even have a internet connection at the time but I found out Sam Jackson was playing Nick Fury at the end and Tony Stark was in the Hulk movie based off hype of a connected universe. The idea of THE AVENGERS was a really big deal and no one thought it would ever happen.

Edited by Eddy BRUSIER Hayes
  • Like 1

Nah, for all its floppage it still showed a bit of an upward slope last night, probably because it skewed younger than Ant-Man opening day. On the flip side that probably means its Saturday will be rough, maybe drop from preview-less Fri.

If it drops more than 7% (from non-preview Fri of 8.6m) and fails to touch 8m, 25m will become iffy.

11.3 + 7.9 + 5.8 (-26.6%) = 25m.

By the way CJohn, mods should not be throwing around personal insults so easily. Great way to make the whole board think that's acceptable behavior. Learn how to argue without name calling or don't bother.

This thread has way too many fanboys gloating and saying stupid dumb shit and went full retard. I am outta here anyway, it is 4:30 AM where I am.

This got me a warning point a few months ago. Hmmmm....

Then, Disney had to distribute Thor and CA:TFA through Paramount. Again, Paramount was only the distributor and only received a distribution fee. Disney was very annoyed with Paramount's marketing for Iron Man 2, Thor, and CA:TFA. They felt that while IM2 made Disney a lot of money, it should have made them even more money. They felt that Thor and CA:TFA didn't make more money because of Paramount's marketing.

I recall Paramount screwing over TFA in terms of release when it negotiated to get 3D screens for opening w/e and then gave all but an avg of one show to TFA and the rest back to the Transformers. Then there were the O/S promotion which was poor because they didn't think the character would sell overseas. 

• Like 1

I recall Paramount screwing over TFA in terms of release when it negotiated to get 3D screens for opening w/e and then gave all but an avg of one show to TFA and the rest back to the Transformers. Then there were the O/S promotion which was poor because they didn't think the character would sell overseas. 

I remember they took the US flags out of all the promo.

How do you explain the first Iron Man's success though? Paramount did alright with that.