WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

I dunna. War Room always seemed like a film that at best would have opened with only 9m. Which isn't bad, but I don't think it really ever had the opportunity to be #1, especially with its theater count.

Except a $9M 3-day would mean $2M or so on Monday (a holiday that would give people who wanted to see it opening weekend an opportunity to still do so) for a 4-day of $11M which will probably be enough to take #1 next weekend. If you end up near a movie theater next weekend (or even this one, for that matter), you might literally see a tumbleweed role by.

Edited by filmlover

Except a $9M 3-day would mean $2M or so on Monday (a holiday that would give people who wanted to see it opening weekend an opportunity to still do so) for a 4-day of $11M which will probably be enough to take #1 next weekend. If you end up near a movie theater next weekend (or even this one, for that matter), you might literally see a tumbleweed role by.

I'm not even sure if it was going to make 9m next weekend. That was a guess, but yeah it could have been #1, I see your point, especially since next weekend is a desert in terms of new releases that could do well.

So MI5 top 2 for 5 weeks. Loving this performance - almost like an old school blockbuster (not quite, but this is extremely leggy for this day and age). Hopefully a mid 20% drop followed by a LD weekend increase. Thinking that $200m is very much on the table since Scorch Trials skews younger. Definitely room for both.

• Like 1

If you end up near a movie theater next weekend (or even this one, for that matter), you might literally see a tumbleweed role by.

I'm pretty much waiting for Hotel Transylvania 2 come out, and make the boxoffice interesting again.

MINIONS OFFICIALLY HIT 1 BILLION DOLLARS WW!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-milestone-minions-crosses-818358

• First ever non-Disney animated film to do so!
  • Third animated film in HISTORY that reaches 1 billion!!
  • Will soon become the second highest animated film of ALL TIME behind FROZEN
  • The ONLY animated franchise EVER to have 2 spots in the TOP 5 ANIMATED FILMS OF ALL TIME
  • The ONLY non-Disney animated franchise to score huge grosses in ALL CONTINENTS: Asia, North America, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East
  • Highest grossing animated franchise in the last 3 years
  • The highest ever animated franchise in terms of AVERAGE WW GROSS PER FILM: 800+ per film for 3 films, higher than Shrek and Ice Age
  • Illumination is now THE ONLY COMPANY in addition to DISNEY to have 2 films in the top 5 ANIMATED FILMS OF ALL TIME
  • Has a very good chance to become only the second animated film in history to cross 1.1 billion.
  • Highest animated film of the year Worldwide
  • Highest grossing/attended animated film ever in ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, MEXICO, RUSSIA, UAE, LITHUANIA, LATVIA, NETHERLANDS, ISRAEL and more.
  • Like 2

5Fb9PY8.png

By breaking 1 billion worldwide, Minions became the first ever non-Disney animated film to do so, the third animated film in history that reaches that mark, allowing the Despicable Me franchise to be the only animated franchise EVER to have 2 spots in the top 5 highest grossing films of all time, with Illumination Entertainment becoming only the other studio (next to Disney) to have 2 films in the 5 highest grossing animated films of all time. The film achieved significant grosses in all continents: North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Australia – making it the only animated franchise, next to Frozen, to achieve sizable grosses in all these regions.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

I half-expected We Are Your Friends to bomb anyways. Most of Zac's fans weren't old enough to see it, it looked amateurish, and EDM fans pretty much rejected this after the first trailer came out (evidenced by an abnormally high 8:1 like-to-dislike ratio).

Edited by Alpha

LOL. Oh my god.

And to think I actually went thought the trouble to make a RTM Thread for WAYF........

The Ricki and The Flash review thread with zero replies is funny. Not even one of the members here decided to go watch a Meryl Streep as a rocker movie for some reason.

Best review thread ever - The Interstellar Black Hole version: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/16724-interstellar-2014-the-black-hole-version/

Mockingjay part 1 could have competed before it was scrubbed.

I half-expected We Are Your Friends to bomb anyways. Most of Zac's fans weren't old enough to see it, it looked amateurish, and EDM fans pretty much rejected this after the first trailer came out (evidenced by an abnormally high 8:1 like-to-dislike ratio).

Way way way better than the like-dislike ratio for the Jem and the Holograms trailer. The fans seem to actively hate the movie already

1CIgXXG.png