CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

Sony CLEARLY wants to use Tom Holland in multiple properties in a short window of time and I think it's holding him a bit hostage really. This new delay means he now has a block of time where he could have filmed something else. I like him as an actor and he ought to be in more non-franchise fare. Was unhappy to hear he missed out on 1917 (among other things) due to his Spider-man schedule. (Though Uncharted not happening doesn't hurt my feelings, let's stop making video game movies HW). Don't see the NEED to put out a Spider-man movie every two years, and they want him in their SUMC as well. I know he feels some sort of alliance to Sony but he needs to walk away from this project. No-one is excited for it but Sony, which is just bad tidings.

That said, how is there suddenly a conflict, unless Sony is fast tracking Spider-man? They own both properties and knew the timeline for months. Holland even mentioned he started Uncharted in Berlin in Feb this past weekend at an event so if there's a delay he doesn't know about it. I think there's something else going on. I saw a production breakdown for Uncharted a couple of weeks ago and it was dated 19th September 2019 and had Knight as director (they waited till Spidey leaving MCU announcement to announce Dan left and waited till he was 'back in' to announce Knight). 

Edited by thedast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Hilarious

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Deadline says this movie’s gonna have a new date soon too. Running away from Dune

I don't know what the heck SONY is doing with this; but it it were to start production tomorrow it's very unlikely it could be in theaters in time to open against Dune, no matter what the target release date is. Unwarrented assumption.