CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

So I was listening to an interview with Shawn Levy on the Hollywood Reporter's podcast, and he didn't sound too sure that he'd be directing this movie. 

He also mentioned that Tom Rothman personally approached him with the idea of rewriting the script and casting Tom Holland, so Sony must really love him.

Edited by cash3w30

12 hours ago, cash3w30 said:

So I was listening to an interview with Shawn Levy on the Hollywood Reporter's podcast, and he didn't sound too sure that he'd be directing this movie. 

He also mentioned that Tom Rothman personally approached him with the idea of rewriting the script and casting Tom Holland, so Sony must really love him.

If Shawn Levy of all directors drops out of this project then you know this is doomed.

Given the director's track record, what I've seen from the hired screenwriters and everything I've heard of so far, if this film eventually gets made, I think it's a given that this will follow similar critical reviews like most of Shawn Levy's other films. Shawn seems like an expert at directing a movie that will get critically panned but make several times it budget. 

Edited by Belle

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, marveldcfox said:

If Shawn Levy of all directors drops out of this project then you know this is doomed.

I have to disagree, If Levy leaves it means the film might have a chance..........

I have no opinion on the source material since I never played a Uncharted game (my gaming is done on my computer,and Uncharted was never,to my knowledge ported to the PC) but it will have to deal with the looming Indy 5.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have to disagree, If Levy leaves it means the film might have a chance..........

Levy has consistently made critically panned movies that are crowd pleasing, like Night At The Museum. 

At the rate this movie is going though, I think it will definitely be overshadowed by the return of Indy. 

• Like 1

My gaming days were well over a decade ago, so I'm not as in touch anymore, but the last game of this series was a true masterpiece. Hard to see this movie not being a letdown compared to it.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 3:51 AM, cash3w30 said:

I know this is late, but if you followed the news around film making during Rothman's time at Fox.... not a good sign. Rothman is the kind of guy who let change the colours of a complete set in a mood/~ situation changing way without even informing the director (as he did at a Wolverine involved set)