CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

39 minutes ago, Clayman said:

What is the source of Tom pitching young Nathan Drake? Or Amy Pascal's involvement? I keep seeing some people talking about that but with no source.

The actual reason (at least the one that has a source) why they went with young Nathan Drake was because of Rothman who after seeing Homecoming had an idea to make the movie about young Drake.

I'm fairly sure that both Holland and Pascal talked about it in interviews but that was like two years ago and I don't remember where. Uncharted movie was already going to happen but after Tom's pitch they started to consider making it a young version. It's possible that I'm remembering wrong though. I didn't find a source with a quick googling, someone who's less lazy than me could try to dig it up...

49 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I'm fairly sure that both Holland and Pascal talked about it in interviews but that was like two years ago and I don't remember where. Uncharted movie was already going to happen but after Tom's pitch they started to consider making it a young version. It's possible that I'm remembering wrong though. I didn't find a source with a quick googling, someone who's less lazy than me could try to dig it up...

It would be great if someone actually found those interviews but as of know, I don't think they exist. I mean, Deadline reported that Rothman was the one who had the idea of young Drake. I would assume if Tom Holland suggested that, there would be some articles about it, but there's nothing. And also, Amy Pascal doesn't seem to be involved with this movie considering she's not listed as a producer.

Edited by Clayman

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

https://deadline.com/2019/08/uncharted-tom-holland-movie-dan-trachtenberg-exit-playstation-producing-sony-pictures-1202701962/

PlayStation Boards Sony Pic ‘Uncharted’ With Tom Holland; Studio Closing In On Director After Dan Trachtenberg Exits

poor Tom

Is this even getting made at this point? That's like the fifth director who's dropped out.

Edited by cookie

22 minutes ago, cookie said:

Is this even getting made at this point? That's like the fifth director who dropped out.

Lots of scripts and revisions as well.   Chris Pratt passed on this around the time GOTG came out.  Reportedly the script was lousy and it would have had to be pretty bad if Pratt passed up another big pay check/ new franchise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Even if this does, it's gonna flop. They got the MiB International and Transformers 5 writers now.

Ugh man that’s not good

I just finished Uncharted 4 a couple of days ago, perfect ending to the saga. If they’re gonna adapt this franchise, they need competent writers .