kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

4 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

She qualified this tweet later:

Saw footage from Murder on the Orient Express (intriguing) Red Sparrow (brutal) & Kingsman The Golden Circle (awesome) Good day!

5 hours ago

Replying to

Brutal as in bad?

3 hours ago

As in dark but great

• Like 1

VERY happy at the hard R news. since reading the book I've been wondering if that's what they were gonna aim for here. And Warren Singer's shit draft was also a very hard R.

I hope it does well enough to get sequels because this has amazing franchise potential. the second book is even better IMO than the first, and the final book in the trilogy is out next January.

• Like 5

Is there anyone here who speaks Portuguese who can interpret what is being said in this video clip?

https://twitter.com/emifielove/status/860626287035109381

OK, according to twitter it says in part that

Spoiler

Red Sparrow is surprising, Dominika gets slapped in the face and has full frontal nudity, there are scenes that really need to be rated R

Francis said Jen might have been more willing to do things in film for him that she wouldn't have done for someone she didn't know and trust.  I guess this is part of what he meant.

Edited by trifle

38 minutes ago, trifle said:

Is there anyone here who speaks Portuguese who can interpret what is being said in this video clip?

https://twitter.com/emifielove/status/860626287035109381

OK, according to twitter it says in part that

Reveal hidden contents

Francis said Jen might have been more willing to do things in film for him that she wouldn't have done for someone she didn't know and trust.  I guess this is part of what he meant.

@CJohn

• Like 2

Another translation is offered of that video clip

Spoiler

It's my first time posting here, but I'm brazilian so I can translate correct.
He's a very known reporter here in Brazil. He said that the footage was brutal, that she got hit on the face and that there is full-frontal but, he doens't exactly say that it was her.

• Like 1

Why did they move its date? What's gonna take its place in November?

I think it was Murder on the Orient Express that was moved to its spot. Red Sparrow will be getting the same weekend as Logan had this year in March,which makes sense if it is also a violent G rated film. 

Edited by Lizzy
  • Like 1

Thanks.

Which, however, begs the question - wasn't that prime March spot already taken?

I've gotten used to March movies being as strong as May movies are, now. (And I find Red Sparrow a bit weak for a March movie.)

Edited by shayhiri

12 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Thanks.

I've gotten used to March movies being as strong as May movies are, now. (And I find Red Sparrow a bit weak for a March movie.)

Sorry don't know what moved from March. Curious to find out if anyone knows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Why did they move its date? What's gonna take its place in November?

2 hours ago, Lizzy said:

I think it was Murder on the Orient Express that was moved to its spot. Red Sparrow will be getting the same weekend as Logan had this year in March,which makes sense if it is also a violent G rated film. 

The big change was that Fox is rushing the new Pentagon Papers awards bait movie with Streep and Hanks into December, so moved Orient Express, which also hopes for awards, back.  Red Sparrow was in November not as an awards window, but to approximate the later Hunger Games release dates, in my opinion.  It being the only one of the group that didn't need the awards date placement, its move to March was natural - if a pain for those of us who are peeved at delayed gratification.

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Thanks.

There is no movie other than Red Sparrow currently on this release date, although I am sure that will change.  Tomb Raider opens two weeks later.  I don't remember the smaller stuff opening around then. 

I hope you are wrong about Red Sparrow being weak, given what Jen is putting into this. It has the bones to be a very gripping story, however.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

There is quite a bit on twitter this morning.  Back to the west and back to full press coverage, I guess.  Since these are tweets and don't embed I'll only post the more important ones. 

I deleted the first one with footage containing a potential plot spoiler  I decided it was like posting leaked footage, maybe.  At least, I don't know the forum  rules on that.

? filming in London #6

C_KGOXiXUAEp8Um.jpg
C_KGPW2XoAAZsd2.jpg

https://twitter.com/JenLawFilms/status/860896976438800384

31 minutes ago

filming in London #1

C_KCAkeWsAImjtC.jpg
C_KCC5kWsAAk12t.jpg
C_KCDxeWAAAv5cu.jpg
C_KCFgyXUAA0eaN.jpg

https://twitter.com/JLawrenceARG/status/860861488365535232

The ones I posted as links have video clips. The last one is a video of part of the Q&A with Francis.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

IF I understand the Q&A clip correctly (short sentence without the question) it does seem that:

Spoiler

The movie will not use the color view coding of people emotions, music, street

Good decision imo, it would have been hard to pull off and the marketing could have made it look like magic/superhero stuff and be misleading.

• Like 1

Try opening this linked article in google to translate. Sort of spoilers, though.

https://twitter.com/Ice_of_Jade/status/860860077669994496

According to Google translate, it does indicate that Jen and Edgarton etc will be at the German premiere.  However, I wonder if it means they also are in the movie.

The German Kinostart is announced for March 1, 2018. In addition to Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton , Matthias Schoenaerts , Jeremy Irons and Charlotte Rampling will also be there. 

Edited by trifle