WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

lol at people still being impressed by PTA for movies released in 4 theaters in NY/LA.

Didn't work for Sicario & lots of other movies.

? Sicario isn't a massive hit or anything, but it's far from a flop. Anyways, Jobs is doing double what Sicario did. It can do close to 100m I think.

Kate Winslet's 7th Oscar nomination is now all but guaranteed. In the age of people being inexplicably impressed by everything the mediocre Jennifer Lawrence does (she likes pizza! oh so relatable!) it's important to remember actors who are actually good! 

giphy.gif

^her fake, unbearable tumblr-pandering persona  :rofl:

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

Kate Winslet's 7th Oscar nomination is now all but guaranteed. In the age of people being inexplicably impressed by everything the mediocre Jennifer Lawrence does (she likes pizza! oh so relatable!) it's important to remember actors who are actually good!

giphy.gif

^her fake, unbearable tumblr-pandering persona :rofl:

Yeah... No.

• Like 1

What will be Warner s 2016 biggest bomb blockbuster wise, the Tarzan movie with Stellan Saksgard s son & Margot Robbie or the Knight of the Round Table movie with MEGA MOVIE STAR Charlie Hunnam ?

Place your bets !

To be honest, both a Tarzan and a King Arthur movie seem much more interesting than a Peter Pan prequel.

The Martian is Ridley Scott's 23rd film.

It will become his fourth biggest hit, attendance wise,behind

Gladiator

Alien

Hannibal

The Martian

American Gangster

Black Hawk Down

Prometheus

Robin Hood

Black Rain

Thelma & Louise

Blade Runner

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Director&id=ridleyscott.htm

Warner Bros is the new Universal and Universal is the new WB.

Btw, Jem and the Holograms must be tracking so well that it was already cancelled in Portugal. That is kinda amazing. 

Probably would've been better off releasing the movie directly to ABCFamily, that's about what its production values look like.

giphy.gif

^her fake, unbearable tumblr-pandering persona :rofl:

lol I love Kate but girl is pretty damn basic. Lawerence is great even thought I'm not sure I buy into her stick.

Both are getting nominated though.

Pan now projected to come in third place, with between 18 and 19 Million dollars.An embarassement for Warners. Luckily they can blame it on the previous regime at Warners.

IMHO a prequel to Peter Pan was a bad idea to begin with, and the way they handled it was even worse. The charecters they had were not the charecters that people know and love from the Barrie play and novel. What they did with Hook in particularly was cringe worthy. Thank God it flopped so we won't have to deal with the lame replay of Obiwan and Anakin we would have gotten in the sequels with Hook and Peter.

I don't know what Disney will to with it's Tinkerbelle movie, and I have my doubts about that (maybe Peter Pan is simply not good franchise material) but I doubt they will make the stupid mistakes Warners did with Pan.

lol I love Kate but girl is pretty damn basic. Lawerence is great even thought I'm not sure I buy into her stick.

Both are getting nominated though.

Kate might get a supporing nod for Jobs, but,let's face it, the movie is about Jobs, and the Winslet character is a supporting role.

Wow, doing my predictions for the Winter Game made me realize The Martian might not have a sub 200k weekend until January and sub 1M until December. Worst case scenario, it does 40% drops from here on out every single weekend save for Thanksgiving). That would make the cume look like this:

3rd weekend: 21.9

4th: 13.14

5th: 7.88

6th: 4.73

7th: 2.84

8th: 1.7

9th (Thanksgiving, so let's assume 20% like Gravity): 1.36

10th: 820k

And since this probably won't be having that bad of drops, this is unlikely. 

Edited by WrathOfHan

What will be Warner s 2016 biggest bomb blockbuster wise, the Tarzan movie with Stellan Saksgard s son & Margot Robbie or the Knight of the Round Table movie with MEGA MOVIE STAR Charlie Hunnam ?

Place your bets !

Neither of them have a 150M budget though. The budget on King Arthur is 100M or less once London tax breaks are factored in (just over 100M pre tax breaks), and Tarzan is actually 90M before tax breaks. Even if they outright bomb, they won't cause as much of a loss as Pan will.

Risks are easier to take when budgets don't get out of hand I guess.

Edited by grim22

I hope King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table is 2 hours of Charlie Hunnam doing model-like stares with Excalibur and just looking at the camera

Charlie-Hunnam_KingArthur_07242015.jpg

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

The Martian's 10 day total will be almost exactly the same as Rogue Nation (which had summer weekdays). I think the 2 movies will end up with similar weekly totals as well since they have similar receptions and will likely see similar drops. I feel like Rogue Nation's total will be the target for The Martian.