kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Doesn't strike me as an awards player at all but yeah this looks insane. Can't wait.

Given it's Aronofsky and given all of the rumors we've heard, it is entirely possible it is too strange or difficult to watch for AAMPAs, except maybe in acting categories. Still, I don't see how we can judge the film on that from such a short clip.

Given Aronofsky's reputation, I am looking for fantastic acting by the entire cast, and for the best performance of Jen's life.  If I don't get that, I'll be disappointed.  Anything else is gravy.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

curious as to think what you think the best performance she's given thus far in her career is

I don't know if I could pick one.  I tend to like her quieter,  understated performances best, but often she has some of that even in more dramatic roles.  Did you ever see her in 'Cold Case'?  I'm not sure it's my favorite, there are moments in The Hunger Games, there's Winter's Bone, Joy and, yes, Passengers, but she was young so it really stands out. (You have to go a bit deeper in than the opening scene here)

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Black Swan's huge box office haul will always surprise me.

1 hour ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman lesbian sex scene

When they saw people that went to Halloween party that October disguised in blackswan when the movie was not even released yet and young teenage talk about it is the bus  they knew that something special could happen, the aesthetic of the movie and dancing theme struck a cord big time, the actual movie being really good obviously helped but the trailer and poster was a big reason of the success. 

33 minutes ago, trifle said:

I don't know if I could pick one.  I tend to like her quieter,  understated performances best, but often she has some of that even in more dramatic roles.  Did you ever see her in 'Cold Case'?  I'm not sure it's my favorite, there are moments in The Hunger Games, there's Winter's Bone, Joy and, yes, Passengers, but she was young so it really stands out. (You have to go a bit deeper in than the opening scene here)

Cold Case is a huge fave of mine and I did not remember that!!!! :D 

• Like 1