kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

"Jennifer's an autodidact, which means someone who completely teaches themselves. No-one ever taught her how to act," he said.

"Not only is she an incredible emotional actress, she's a technical actor as well – which is very important in filmmaking. You have to know where the lights are and land in the light, and in this film especially she's dancing with the camera the whole time.""There's just an endless amount of energy and consideration in everything she does. This is a two-hour film, and sixty-six minutes of that is a close up of her face – yet it's not boring. The audience becomes Jen. And I needed someone who could capture the audience."

"There's no score in this movie, and the reason there's no score is Jennifer was giving us all the score we needed. I couldn't help her with music, and I've never had that – every actor can use a little push."Most of my movies, except The Wrestler, had wall-to-wall score, but this one we didn't need it – which was a strange situation, and that was because of Jen."

No music was needed folks, because this is Jlaw's Requiem.

Behold & Listen to the nuances and the counter points.

:rock:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

"Jennifer's an autodidact, which means someone who completely teaches themselves. No-one ever taught her how to act," he said.

"Not only is she an incredible emotional actress, she's a technical actor as well – which is very important in filmmaking. You have to know where the lights are and land in the light, and in this film especially she's dancing with the camera the whole time.""There's just an endless amount of energy and consideration in everything she does. This is a two-hour film, and sixty-six minutes of that is a close up of her face – yet it's not boring. The audience becomes Jen. And I needed someone who could capture the audience."

"There's no score in this movie, and the reason there's no score is Jennifer was giving us all the score we needed. I couldn't help her with music, and I've never had that – every actor can use a little push."Most of my movies, except The Wrestler, had wall-to-wall score, but this one we didn't need it – which was a strange situation, and that was because of Jen."

Behold.

Did Aronofsky say that?

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

The man got Rachel Weisz and now Jennifer Lawrence...

Harvard education gives you refined taste in things even tho he s in dismay about her whole Kardashian obsession ...

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Behold & Listen to the nuances and the counter points.

:rock:

You left off the part where he talked about how difficult the pool scene was to film becuase Jen kept walking on water. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 9/6/2017 at 6:55 PM, DeeCee said:

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Yeah.  That was a real shame, but very hard to know in advance when you are just looking for sites for a mural, from overseas.  I am glad they are handling this the best they can.

Paris premiere.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

It was a Melbourne studio that painted over the mural.  They really should have known better.  

The Mother! mural is gone now.

Newtown is actually the next suburb over from where I work.  It has quite a number of murals on buildings in the area.  

A certain musical group filmed a music video in the area.

@MrPink

Spoiler

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-thor-ragnarok-bad-moms-christmas/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     9/15/2017

anyhow they say 11.5M opening 38.4 DOM total.

Which would be great on a $13M budget!  But I hope it goes for more.

mother! $11,200,000 7% $38,400,000 7%

Edited by trifle