kayumanggi

ANNABELLE: CREATION | 08.11.17 | Warner Brothers | trailer 2 on page 7

That was...an excellent trailer. Might this be a Ouija 2 situation where the prequel is much better than the first film? I hope so.

I think its even starring the little girl from Ouija 2.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

That was...an excellent trailer. Might this be a Ouija 2 situation where the prequel is much better than the first film? I hope so.

I think its even starring the little girl from Ouija 2.

Do you think it will be like Ouija 2 at the box office where it makes less than the first even with better reviews?

8 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Do you think it will be like Ouija 2 at the box office where it makes less than the first even with better reviews?

Thats very possible. The first Annabelle was badly reveives even amongst horror fans. But its the first horror film since It Comes at Night in June and the brand name of Conjuring sure helps a lot. Im thinking its opening lower than the first (15-25M) and has better legs (assuming its actually good ofc) until IT shuts it down.

Didn't like the new trailer that much.

I want to see Annabelle the doll, not the wee ghost girl.

Plus having the climax of the trailer.....being the teaser trailer.....is a weird choice.

I didn't react during Lights Out at all either.

Edited by Krissykins

23 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I've been saying this for months. The only thing giving me hopes is that August is a completely empty month, actually, Annabelle is the biggest movie of the month, the lack of competition may stop it from having a bigger decrease.

Althought, I still think that a similar drop to Ouija > Ouija 2 is on table, an 30% drop would bring $58m for Annabelle, which would be fine.

I'm more interested in the OS numbers, especially after the MASSIVE numbers that Conjuring II made OS.

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, and the buzz is pretty low, it didn't even enter on Twitter Tracking, while the trailer barely made 2M after 24h, it is being completely overshadowed by IT.

You really should not put so much stock in Twitter and FB tracking. Box office does not even track the right pages for a lot of movies, and trailer views are now not just Youtube, they go beyond that to FB, Twitter, Vimeo etc. as well. 

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You really should not put so much stock in Twitter and FB tracking. Box office does not even track the right pages for a lot of movies, and trailer views are now not just Youtube, they go beyond that to FB, Twitter, Vimeo etc. as well. 

Just checked Facebook, and it is already at 25M views there, LOL.

Althought, I'm not a big fan of Facebook's views, considering that most of their views are pretty inflated, I know that a movie is going to break out, when it do well in both YT and FB.

I could see this being a Ouija 2 case, where the sequel is VASTLY superior to the original, but it's box office is somewhat damaged by that film.

Right now I'd say 25/70 for this, with around 150 OS

Yep, looks like retcon central. Completely different explanation for why the doll is cursed than we got in the last one. It pisses me off when they can't bother to keep their story straight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What's the chances at Warner being stopped from making TC's movies?

Zilch, even without the defence of big studio lawyer armies. The Warrens' stories aren't copyrightable IP's or even personal "real life stories" to which someone can buy sole rights for reproduction, but retellings of "historical events" that they happened to be involved in (highly embellished historical events but "historical" enough in this context). I don't know how the author can argue that he was duped by the Warrens into believing their recollections of events to be legit but then still considered them fictional enough to be copyrighted. :thinking:

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1