kayumanggi

ANNABELLE: CREATION | 08.11.17 | Warner Brothers | trailer 2 on page 7

The Conjuring Universe seems to be a goldmine for WB.If the budget for this is even remotely close to the first film then WB will have profit from it in its opening weekend alone.And with these reviews the film may leg it out to something close to 100M DOM.Hell,there is a need for a good horror flick in the market right now and fans of the genre will suck this up f it is indeed good.

2 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Only 14 reviews. Too early use word like "great".

But I hope it's gonna be really good 

The reviews say something much better than great. They say it's really SCARY, like scarier than any horror this year. That's what horror really is about, scaring people. I'm so hyped for this now. 

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The reviews say something much better than great. They say it's really SCARY, like scarier than any horror this year. That's what horror really is about, scaring people. I'm so hyped for this now. 

Yeah but remember what happened with Blair Witch last year?

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Blair Witch got shit reviews. Why are you comparing it to this?

Because it started with a lot of hype and positivity and great reviews, and then on week of release, the non-Comic Con embargo lifted and it got shat on.

That being said, this is obviously a different scenario.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IN BKB WE TRUST said:

Let me ask ya: Is it necessary to see ANNABELLE before seeing this new one that's receiving great reviews??? :thinking:It's interesting to note, that in real life, the ANNABELLE Doll looks nothing like the movie version.. It looks like a Raggedy Ann Doll.. Here:

Image result for what the real annabelle looks like

I know you weren't asking me but I'll chime in.

From what I understand, people's confusion, including mine, is that the first Annabelle played out much like an origin story (not going to say how if you're going to watch it), so how can this be the origin story? The director has said that there is a lot more to it. There's even more history with the doll, even though we are made to think the doll's story began in ANNABELLE.

In short, I would actually watch CREATION first. If you like it, then watch the first Annabelle. Just be prepared for a serious drop in quality. I don't think there's any need to watch the first one prior, though. 

I don't know, what about you guys?

• Like 2