Water Bottle

UPDATE IMMINENT: Please Use Support System to Report Bugs

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The background image/transparency degree makes it almost impossible to read the side bar in the profile section and it's a bit hard to read with top posts as well.

Please use the Support System to submit issues like this. :)

My username has reverted to the one I joined with. I would prefer to have Talkie as my permanent name. Is changing names now impossible? 

Also, why can't we preview posts before submitting them now? 

Edited by xeno000

As I already mailed to Andy:

for me / with my pc the support system isn't working, so I'll add here the next detail (and this one is driving me nuts):

each time I open a new thread, a new page, want to change sub-forums... a window pops up and asking me if I want a desktop message something.

I only can agree or say: not now

But how to say that... thing: not ever! and be done with it?

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

As I already mailed to Andy:

for me / with my pc the support system isn't working, so I'll add here the next detail (and this one is driving me nuts):

each time I open a new thread, a new page, want to change sub-forums... a window pops up and asking me if I want a desktop message something.

I only can agree or say: not now

But how to say that... thing: not ever! and be done with it?

Those are browser notifications. Next time it pops up, select the little menu and say "never". (Unless, of course, you'd like a little pop-up (that fades off after a second or two) whenever you get a notification.) I was dubious but I'm pretty fond of that feature now.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
18 hours ago, Blankments said:

Will the green online icons return?

Hopefully one day.

7 hours ago, xeno000 said:

My username has reverted to the one I joined with. I would prefer to have Talkie as my permanent name. Is changing names now impossible? 

Also, why can't we preview posts before submitting them now? 

Submit a support ticket about the name. The reason we can't preview posts is because this is a What You See is What You Get editor.

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Those are browser notifications. Next time it pops up, select the little menu and say "never". (Unless, of course, you'd like a little pop-up (that fades off after a second or two) whenever you get a notification.) I was dubious but I'm pretty fond of that feature now.

As already written:

it does not offer the possibility of 'never', only 'not now' (a one time no)

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

no, mine only shows 'show for this session' and 'not now' if I click on the down arrow (in my language)

Perhaps it's a browser issue? When I try in Safari I only get a yes/no option, but it's also in general (not just my current session), and I have the ability to modify my options in my OS notification center.

Are you currently using Opera? I would take a look at your browser preferences to see how it deals with notifications.

Just now, Telemachos said:

Perhaps it's a browser issue? When I try in Safari I only get a yes/no option, but it's also in general (not just my current session), and I have the ability to modify my options in my OS notification center.

Are you currently using Opera? I would take a look at your browser preferences to see how it deals with notifications.

I currently use Mozilla, I only switch to Opera if I want to edit a quote a bit more subtle than Mozilla allows it for the moment (my version)

Adblock-plus is in general active, only exemption is this site (support...), but that window never poped up in the past.

I'll try it with the re-activation Adblock-plus

The only way to 'shut' that window ... is via clicking on 'show for this session' = till I close down/restart the browser

I'm also using ghostery, full active.

I'll have to sit down what else is possible, if I might have changed something, but all I did and I am aware off was after it happened the first time.

But why can't I save/post a support thingy too? And the quote editing 'details' not correctly working. Something is strange...

24 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Isn't Mozilla Firefox? That's what I'm using on my work computer (where I took that screenshot).

Take a look at this support page and see if it helps:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/997362

Mozilla is Firefox

As you can see in your link, Mozilla seems to be in use too :D

Haven't restarted yet, but it works!!! Thank you, part one is done (still wondering how that did happen)

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Hopefully one day.

Submit a support ticket about the name. The reason we can't preview posts is because this is a What You See is What You Get editor.

I tried to submit a support request but then my real name and address were demanded by the submission form. It acted like I was ordering something, right down to listing a price at "checkout" ($0.00). What's that about? 

Also, this supposed WYSIWYG system doesn't always post quoted text, images and emoticons correctly. We also make typos that could be spotted on preview. That's why the ability to preview is needed.