Water Bottle

UPDATE IMMINENT: Please Use Support System to Report Bugs

19 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Yes it was.

And I'm very happy the 'go to top' is on each post now.  It was too much work to click all the way on the right

Talk about hidden in plane sight.  I didn't notice it until your post.

On 10/28/2015, 2:10:24, terrestrial said:

I want often to shorten a quote, seems not to work. Either full length quotes, including empty spaces or deleting the complete quote...

but as I see others are able to shorten quotes I am wondering what I might miss

TEST bla bla

What I really miss (or have not found out how to do) there seem no 'step back button... ' after making a mistake / loosing a quote ... trying to find out how I really would love to be able to 'un-do' the last step

Had today repeatedly  TEST time outs...

On 10/28/2015, 4:00:49, AndyLL said:

I was able to.  Are you on mobile?  I did it on WIn7 and Chrome.

I am never on mobile, use Win 7 and mozilla/firefox, security is set on strong, ... I disabled e.g. pop-up surpresser for this website, still does not work.

I also tried the edit funktion, still does not work

I also tried the version with the round avatars....

Hmm Do you know the Opera browser? That one works, but for that one are not a lot of add ons possible = that excludes my Internet security as a reason, either Mozilla/Firefox or one of it's add-ons

I use Mozilla 99.9% of the time

new bug for me: I follow seemingly aa old  thread I never set on to follow, maybe some confusion within the thread numbers?

Edited by terrestrial

• Community Manager

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THE FORUMS?

Our Copper Accounts are or cheapest account tier at $5 a month which is about $60 a year. That's quite a bit of money for some users. Well guess what? You can now save money!

If you can, pay $55 now and you'll get a Copper Account for a whole year! That's right you save a whole $5! This is a bargain price! What do you get with a Copper Account? You shouldn't get any ads, you'll get 75 likes a day, and you'll gain the ability to send users in chat private messages! What's more is that you can upload larger avatars!

So upgrade for annual tier and get a whole month free!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THE FORUMS?

Our Copper Accounts are or cheapest account tier at $5 a month which is about $60 a year. That's quite a bit of money for some users. Well guess what? You can now save money!

If you can, pay $55 now and you'll get a Copper Account for a whole year! That's right you save a whole $5! This is a bargain price! What do you get with a Copper Account? You shouldn't get any ads, you'll get 75 likes a day, and you'll gain the ability to send users in chat private messages! What's more is that you can upload larger avatars!

So upgrade for annual tier and get a whole month free!

o9TSC9u.gif

I need a job though, so that I can get the $10 one.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
      11 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Not sure about the yearly support presentation, doesn't look that a bit overwhelming / depressing and a bit less clear for smaller changes?

Maybe and I might add back the monthly donation bar to support it but I'm going to try to be more proactive with raising money and try to raise as much money as possible at the beginning of the year rather than living month to month. Hopefully without getting annoying.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Maybe and I might add back the monthly donation bar to support it but I'm going to try to be more proactive with raising money and try to raise as much money as possible at the beginning of the year rather than living month to month. Hopefully without getting annoying.

It's only based on my 'tradition' to fill up at the end of the months what is still missing if needed, now someone has either to post the missing amount or 'we' have to 'calculate' (very difficult - hahaha) the missing money.

But as sometimes the donation-bar is not up-to-date,... (e.g. bcs you all are very busy with software updates and bugs and other behind-the-scene work = in no way a critism)

One month time to see reactions...

• Like 1

more observations...

when editing a post:

1st time edit worked with the browser that allows quote edits

I think I was till yesterday able to repeatly edit the same post, since today not anymore.

Difference in my use:

I filled in the 'reason' possibility, no idea if that was the reason for the different Invasion (?) behaviour

2. (other made the same comments) if using the 'quote' signs' accidential:

a quote done with the " signs seem not be 'deletable'

Ironically I can delete the wrong quote with the browser that doesn't allow changes within the quotes... (not in the post actually blocked for changes)

3. With the browser that doesn't allow editing of quotes it is possible to set an enter between quotes, showing a thin red line and the sign you usually see on the enter tab of your keyboard.

With the browser allowing to edit the quotes I can't set an enter between the quotes (in this case a spoiler and a quote got ~ glued together)

= to me it looks like depending on the browser and... there seem different posting possibilities

I used one notebook with XP, and one notebook with Win 7 (Mozilla with some add-ons = not able to edit quotes, and Opera...)

Only posting this as it might help Andy...

• Founder / Operator

Hey everyone,

The new custom design for the forums is now live. We've been working on this quite a bit to bring things back to a similar feel as they were before we had to upgrade the forum software. There are probably still one or two small bugs floating around that haven't been caught yet, but we feel like this final design addresses a lot of the feedback you sent in early last week.

For any of those bugs, please report them using the Support system and the staff will address them to the best of their ability. It's also likely we'll be getting another round of software updates in the near future, so those may address any lingering issues when they occur.

Thanks for your continued patience during this whole process and for your contributions to the community!

• Like 7