Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Marvel fans are just pissed that WW made over $400 million domestic and their films did not.  Hence why they are massively pushing worldwide numbers to downgrade the success of WW.  

They are also conveniently trying to downplay Wonder Woman 's multiplier, which is better than the multis for ALL MCU films. They are also trying to peddle the whole "Wonder Woman only made so much because there was no strong-enough competition this summer".... :rofl:

Wanna bet that, had any of the MCU crap done a 4 multiplier, they would totally say that it did so because people simply loved the film? 

12 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Marvel fans are just pissed that WW made over $400 million domestic and their films did not.  Hence why they are massively pushing worldwide numbers to downgrade the success of WW.  

I always stick with domestic adjusted numbers. They are all I care about, even if they dont favor my movies. Wonder Woman did amazingly well. It is clearly a massive all-time success (not just a successful film for this year).

Disney/Marvel did great with GOTG vol. 2, but Wonder Woman did even better. Give WB all the credit in the world. 

• Like 1

I admit I've been less active reading through threads and posting lightly since the birth of my first child last month but is it really a lot of "MCU fans" downplaying WW's success? Perhaps there are 2-3 loud detractors just being contrarians and you expand that to "most" MCU fans.

Comments that WW isn't a Domestic or World Wide success should just be ignored, not responded to. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I admit I've been less active reading through threads and posting lightly since the birth of my first child last month but is it really a lot of "MCU fans" downplaying WW's success? Perhaps there are 2-3 loud detractors just being contrarians and you expand that to "most" MCU fans.

Comments that WW isn't a Domestic or World Wide success should just be ignored, not responded to. 

Congrats for the birth! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Congrats Craig!!

• Like 1

Congrats on joining the parental ranks!:)  Best 2nd-5th decisions I made in my life so far (the 1st was marrying my husband:)...enjoy all the fun of having the baby and make sure to take time for you and your spouse - grandparents and babysitters were made to make sure the happy couple gets to actually have a night for their own fun and rest every once in awhile!  

• Like 1

Congratulations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Congrats.

I said SOME, indicating a minority of MCU fans. I'd never throw all fans of anything into the same boat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I have an odd feeling that there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going with Marvel Studios and Fox for Fantastic Four. 

This adds fuel to the fire:

vPBzObT.jpg

http://www.cbr.com/alex-ross-fantastic-four-marvel-legacy-art/

I think something is definitely going on. It feels like pre-Sony / Marvel Studios all over again. 

^^^^^I have said this since The Avengers opened: the Marvel property I wish Dan Slott  Joss Whedon had directed in movie form since day one is The Fantastic Four. Obviously, this is a moot point now, but I wonder how it would've been if the Fantastic Four had been the "centerpiece" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I still wish that at some point the FF become to the MCU what The Avengers are now... :D 

Edited by Cochofles
Whedon and Slott are two different people! :D
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Movie Fights with Max Landis tonight. He will be pitching ideas for MCU Phase 4. Never will happen but I love the guy and I'm curious to see what he will come up with. 

I wasn't in love with his idea for the Hulk.   Sounds like he is obsessed with Banner's "psyche" and that's been the focus for the Hulk for too long in my opinion.   I would much rather have a Hulk movie that focuses on the Hulk for a change.   (maybe in Thor 3?)

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Well this is the right thread for this.

The dude-bros and Some MCU fans obsession with saying that Wonder Woman wasn't really a success has to be the most pathetic thing that they have convinced themselves of. It's the media made it and hit and I dislike it so that means that everybody else should! Talk about not being secure in your opinion.

Not sure how it can be denied.   Especially when it sits in direct comparison to the other DCEU films.   The contrast is pretty stark.   

3 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Not the first time that's happened and it certainly isn't just Marvel fans.   Remember when ww numbers were suddenly more important when Iron Man 2 and Inception came out the same summer?   IM2 topped Inception domestic but grossed less OS.   That was a lot of DC fans doing that.    Of course that flipped back the other way when DC fans wanted to compare the box office of Iron Man 1 & 2.   Then domestic numbers were more important again since IM2 had outgrossed IM1 internationally.   Kinda funny to watch that one switch back and forth.

And we do talk about films "breaking 1 billion" a lot around here so ww numbers are not really a minor a thing.

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Where's the fun in that, especially in a thread called "Franchise Wars"? :D

ha ha...good point.

• Like 1

I'm only really anticipating Panther, Mutants, and Aquaman in terms of movies from the big CUs. Animated Spider-Man and Incredibles 2 should be solid. Infinity War and Deadpool 2, I'll be there OW but I'm not really excited for either.

Edited by YourMother

Thor: Ragnarok just sounds worse and worse to me imo. Totally the wrong tone for this kind of movie and it's missing what made the Guardians film good which was that emotional component that held them down amidst the wacky humor.