Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

I don't think anyone would care as much if you afforded others the same generosity to voice their opinions, good or bad, on movies you like and are excited for. Anytime someone disagrees with you on Justice League's potential BO or the trailers, you take it as an affront. Now you're doing the same thing to other movies and expect everyone to accept it. 

Challenging predictions isn't taking it personally. No one challenged my predictions on SW, they labelled me a fanboy and chastised me. If someone challenged me, I could have seen it differently.

I don't have time to care about how much a movie make. I don't read someone not seeing JL's enormous potential as them disrespecting my mom. 

1 minute ago, raegr said:

Challenging predictions isn't taking it personally. No one challenged my predictions on SW, they labelled me a fanboy and chastised me. If someone challenged me, I could have seen it differently.

I don't have time to care about how much a movie make. I don't read someone not seeing JL's enormous potential as them disrespecting my mom. 

Still there's a point to where it gets annoying. My Ninjago stanning is an example of that.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still there's a point to where it gets annoying. My Ninjago stanning is an example of that.

You're right. I can tone it down and I understand I get too passionate sometimes but trolling is a huge stretch. 

Just now, raegr said:

You're right. I can tone it down and I understand I get too passionate sometimes but trolling is a huge stretch. 

I think you just take stuff too seriously. we're a goofy place. It's cool to not like star wars or Marvel or star wars. I'm not really big on either but I don't go around slandering the brands as a whole. I acknowledge specifics that I don't like and when I see stuff that I do like I acknowledge it too. i

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, raegr said:

I think most found your BO prediction reasonable. That's why you weren't challenged about it. High 600m to high 700m has been the range I've seen posted so far. No one thinks TLJ is going to match TFA. It's just that you kept repeating yourself as though you wanted a reaction. At least that's what it came off like to me. It's fine if that wasn't your intention. 

12 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I think most found your BO prediction reasonable. That's why you weren't challenged about it. High 600m to high 700m has been the range I've seen posted so far. No one thinks TLJ is going to match TFA. It's just that you kept repeating yourself as though you wanted a reaction. At least that's what it came off like to me. It's fine if that wasn't your intention. 

That definately wasn't my intention and I'm sorry if it came off that. I need more self awareness, I don't wan't to be known as the "crazy JL guy no one likes with a podcast"

58 minutes ago, a2knet said:

talking about my "generous" C ratings of APOC, X3 and D of XOW.

That does seem generous, but leaving out the FF and DD stuff seemed sketchy.   I guess all the studios would be #1 if we just left off their movies we didn't like.

Praise the Lord, no Death Star in a Disney Star Wars movie. Emo-Ren is still as emo as ever though and some bad acting are still present. Wake me up when the Black Panther trailer 2, Avengers IW and Deadpool 2 trailers arrives.  Comic book films are our past, present and future. :)

Also about Thor 3 reactions...I will be there opening night for sure, but Marvel making the same or similar kinds of movies pretty much opens doors for the other CBM studios to exploit and give the GA something different. FOX and WB hell even SONY are already exploiting that and will continue to do. Its why Marvel will never have a monopoly on the CBM genre despite all their success.    

27 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm honestly surprised by how much I think Justice League's Heroes trailer is better than the new Star Wars one. Of course that Star Wars will make more money, but I'm truly in shock right now how much weak this trailer was. 

As someone largely unexcited by the first Star Wars trailer and who thinks the previous new SW movies were just fine I liked the new trailer.  Visually it looks spectacular and also it gives me more Luke - so I'm happy.  (Still don't care about Kylo Ren though and his parent issues).

The JL trailer though is an ugly loud mess except for few seconds in the front with Lois and Clark which is beautiful (and it touched me and I don't even like these versions of Lois and Clark). I'm a bit shocked Whedon hasn't punched up the script with better lines that could be used in the trailer because the dialogue is clunky and those jokes land like lead weights.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As someone largely unexcited by the first Star Wars trailer and who thinks the previous new SW movies were just fine I liked the new trailer.  Visually it looks spectacular and also it gives me more Luke - so I'm happy.  (Still don't care about Kylo Ren though and his parent issues).

The JL trailer though is an ugly loud mess except for few seconds in the front with Lois and Clark which is beautiful (and it touched me and I don't even like these versions of Lois and Clark). I'm a bit shocked Whedon hasn't punched up the script with better lines that could be used in the trailer because the dialogue is clunky and those jokes land like lead weights.

Don't get me wrong, I know that for a fact The Last Jedi is already blowing up and that Justice League might struggle. I think that Mendelson summed it up better than I could:

New 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' And 'Justice League' Trailers Won't Matter

At this point in time, the only thing that Star Wars: The Last Jedi marketing needs to put forward is the notion that A) Mark Hamill gets stuff to do this time, B) Carrie Fisher gets more screen time and C) it’s not just a loose remake of The Empire Strikes Back. But that’s honestly only of concern to those of us who care about such things. As long as Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo provide a mix of empowered heroism, complex villainy and sexual roleplaying material, moviegoers aren’t going to revolt if The Last Jedi is another bath in nostalgic waters. Although I imagine critics who indulged in the sugar rush last time (I say that sans judgment) will be a little less forgiving about retreads this time out.

As far as I'm concerned, this trailer failed hard on the bold parts. It probably succeeded in the rest so that's... good? I don't know. I can see this film suffering a backlash critically after The Force Awakens overwhelming positive reactions. Think Age of Ultron opposed to The Avengers. 

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Don't get me wrong, I know that for a fact The Last Jedi is already blowing up and that Justice League might struggle. I think that Mendelson summed it up better than I could:

New 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' And 'Justice League' Trailers Won't Matter

As far as I'm concerned, this trailer failed hard on the bold parts. It probably succeeded in the rest so that's... good? I don't know. I can see this film suffering a backlash critically after The Force Awakens overwhelming positive reactions. Think Age of Ultron opposed to The Avengers. 

Star Wars is the At the bottom of my list for favourite franchises so I’m not into as much either way but I agree with you about the trailer. It’s why I didn’t bother posting in the thread. I didn’t feel like just saying it felt ok to fine for me while everyone was super hyped. Let people enjoy things is the way I see it, my comments of being underwhelmed wouldn’t add anything.