Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If the allegations (and remember these are only allegations)  are true then Affleck did the wrong thing. But the his is not like Weinstein (who has systematically raped and abused people) or even like Singer who was accused of raping minors. Don't think this will have any effect on the movie 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

After this story do you think there will be a review of the movie that will praise Affleck as Batman?

A professional critic isn't going to slam an actor's performance because of personal issues. You're suppose to be reviewing the movie, not the actor's personal life. The audience wants to know about the movie, not everything outside it.

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont see this having impact on reviews or BO. There weree worse allegations about Bryan Singer and DOFP did not have any issue.

But this should be IT for batfleck. Studio definitely needs to recast. Batman is way bigger than actor playing it. 

Critically I think it will. Some will shit on it to send a 'message'

Financially it won't make a dent. Outside movie circles I don't think people even care

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If the allegations (and remember these are only allegations)  are true then Affleck did the wrong thing. But the his is not like Weinstein (who has systematically raped and abused people) or even like Singer who was accused of raping minors. Don't think this will have any effect on the movie 

One is on video and he just apologized - so not simply an allegation in that case. 

But yes it's not to the same degree, though as said he's a far more visible face who's going to have to do all this press.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

DOFP wasn't even affected by Singer being under concurrent rape allegations of a minor.

Ben's brother was accused of worse (and financially settle complaints about it) and won an Oscar.

Yeah, this is minor compared to many other cases but with all the rumors floating around about Affleck leaving this role for MONTHS, this may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm pretty sure WB is going to want the press to focus on Gal, Momoa, and Ezra in all the upcoming interviews. Wonder if they FINALLY bring out Cavill for the interviews now?

I can't believe how much personal problems have hit JL with Snyder leaving, Whedon cheating scandal, and now this Affleck stuff.

It is FUCKING insane!

DumpsterFire2.jpg

20 hours ago, AndyLL said:

I don't see how JLs box office will be affected. The fans don't care and the GA don't really pay enough attention. 

His publicity appearance will likely be limited to "safe" interviews 

Not sure about box office, but the GA will pay attention because the Affleck accusations are getting massive coverage since they have become linked to the Weinstein scandal.

Yeah, I suspect that Affleck will have a very low profile in the marketing,with Gal Gadot taking up the slack.

19 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

But AFFLECK is one of the most famous actors in the world. Ordinary people don't really know producers or directors but they do know actors. So this is gonna get huge backlash

And it has become, in the media coverage, solidly connected with the Weinstein Scandle.

Affleck is taking heavy collatarial damage from the fallout from the Weinstein scandal

IMHO it will not impact the BO for JL very much, but the Batman solo movie is really going to pose a huge dilemma for Warners.

Edited by dudalb

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

JL could just send Gadot, Momoa, Miller and Fisher to do the chat show circuit and perhaps Amy Adams, Amber Heard and JK Simmons. 

Google Jason Momoa right now.

19 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont see this having impact on reviews or BO. There weree worse allegations about Bryan Singer and DOFP did not have any issue.

But this should be IT for batfleck. Studio definitely needs to recast. Batman is way bigger than actor playing it. 

DOFP and Singer were not in the shadow of the Weinstein scandle.

I think the BO impact on JL will be minimal, but don't kid yourself Warners is worried about the solo Batman film with a demaged Affleck as star.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Have you watched CNN lately?

4 articles about it on CNNs front page...0 of the titles mention Affleck much less JL.

This will have zero effect on the JL box office.

• Like 1

I don't think Reeve's batman will have Batfleck. If he wanted to do his own thing, Reeves might just do his own thing from scratch. If that does happen then is JL Batfleck's last appearance? How do they pull that off?...a spear through the butt would be fitting