Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

What characters did he create? 

Well Batman and Superman who love their respective mother's very very much and their mothers even has the same name.... The mother character is legendary!!!

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

And now Hulk dabs and try to be funny while being outshone by Cap, Thor and Stark v Thanos

The Hulk would work great as a dark story. His power is like a curse - almost like a werewolf. He loses complete control.  Although I'm not sure how a dark hulk would fit in with the avengers.

But I'm torn, as an Oscar voter, about what to do. The business it's doing is mind-blowing — 'Taxi Driver 2' just opened to almost $300 million worldwide! But I don't know what's responsible to do as a voter. If art is not used to start a conversation, and it's just used to exacerbate something, I'm not sure how beneficial it is.

Excuse him but what kind of conversation did Black Panther start?

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 hours ago, HeadShot said:

X-men 3, Wolverine 1 + 2, X-men: Apocalypse, X-men: Dark Phoenix, Fantastic 4, Fantastic 4: Rise of the silver surfer, Fantastic 4 Reboot, Spider-man 3, Amazing Spiderman, Amazing spiderman 2,  Venom is why Disney should own all the rights to the marvel characters. 

You do realize his point was about making different kinds of films right? Would rather have films like Logan and ITSV exist alongside those shittier movies than have all the movied that feel like hhomogenised products.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I hope you're not conflating controversy with meaningful conversation.

A movie does not have to be controversial to have valuable meaning. A good and consistent theme is enough. (Not throwing shade in the Joker as a movie though, as I've not seen it yet)

Edited by LaughingEvans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Please don't let your DC bias shroud your opinion. Black Panther was very important movie may not for you but lots of African American. 

Shuri and Okoye have become icon for black girls. This doesn't happen easily. 

I would love to have Joker nominated but at least be reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

23 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I hope you're not conflating controversy for meaningful conversation.

A movie does not have to be controversial to have valuable meaning. A good and consistent theme is enough. (Not throwing shade in the Joker as a movie though, as I've not seen it yet)

Nicely said. DC fans think just because Joker is controversial it deserves Oscar. 

Black Panther was very different kind of movie. No comparison between them. 

Marvel didn't allow Shane Black to have a female villain in Iron Man 3 because it wouldn't sell toys. That's the studio you want making all movies? And that's the studio you're coming after Martin Scorsese to defend? But stuff like this don't shock me anymore, I gave up hope long ago.

• Knock It Off 2

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel didn't allow Shane Black to have a female villain in Iron Man 3 because it wouldn't sell toys. That's the studio you want making all movies? And that's the studio you're coming after Martin Scorsese to defend? But stuff like this don't shock me anymore, I gave up hope long ago.

You're just mad because BvS was a giant turd.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Ike didn't allow. Have you seen Thor Ragnarok? Cate Blanchett is 10 times better than any DC female villian. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maddy said:

Please don't let your DC bias shroud your opinion. Black Panther was very important movie may not for you but lots of African American. 

Shuri and Okoye have become icon for black girls. This doesn't happen easily. 

I would love to have Joker nominated but at least be reasonable. 

It’s not my DC bias.I’m only mentioning that one film that by all means, imo, was nothing special and like every other movie in the genre.Hell Infinity War was more deserving than any other cbm last year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

I hope you're not conflating controversy with meaningful conversation.

I mean that with Joker people talk about gun violence, mental illness, capitalism, child abuse etc. The film tackles some very important issues and depicts them in a ver raw way.It asks from the audience to notice.And all happens in a city that may be imagined but at the end of the day it reflects every shithole in our world.

I am sorry but BP, imo, was nothing special as it checked every single box in ten Marvel formula without actually saying anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think it showed that the response to the sins of the past is not to respond in kind... 

I am sorry.I really am.I really wanted to like it.I just didn’t.And if that was the message, which sure the film made a point of it, but still at the end of the day that one floated as a general idea and in a film that at the end of the day is just another addition to the superhero genre.

30 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I mean that with Joker people talk about gun violence, mental illness, capitalism, child abuse etc. The film tackles some very important issues and depicts them in a ver raw way.It asks from the audience to notice.And all happens in a city that may be imagined but at the end of the day it reflects every shithole in our world.

Like I said though, that's not meaningful discussion. 99% of the "talk" is the left fighting with the right about things that the movie is not really about.

44 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think it showed that the response to the sins of the past is not to respond in kind... 

Black panther was a pretty good comic book movie but it isnt the oscar deserving film it was praised for, it still felt like a connect the dots marvel formulation product. Its wasnt as smart or game changing as something like The Dark Knight 

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

You do realize his point was about making different kinds of films right? Would rather have films like Logan and ITSV exist alongside those shittier movies than have all the movied that feel like hhomogenised products.

3 good movies in a sea of awful (not even average) movies isn't worth it. It took sony 15 years to make a good spider-man movie again. The MCU isn't a homogenized product - it's a diverse movie universe spanning multiple genres. Prime example: Winter solider vs. GOTG