Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

52 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Different opinions are fine. You just fall into the minority. The world prefers the MCU it's simple. 

Unpopular opinion: Aquaman is the best DC movie ever. The Dark Bore can't compete. 

Edited by The Chad DC
Double post my bad ...

50 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Different opinions are fine. You just fall into the minority. The world prefers the MCU it's simple. 

Unpopular opinion: Aquaman is the best DC movie ever. The Dark Bore can't compete

I'll gladly be in the minority if the majority holds these types of opinions. I'm done here.

14 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

On IMDB you can give a movie a 10 before it's even in theaters so it's not any impartial or useful metric. It's had problems with bots for years. At least Rotten Tomatoes new Verified Audience score requires you to actually see the damn movie first.

There's a reason studios use RT scores in promos but not IMDB lmao

Joker was at 9.5+ on IMdB with thousands of votes before the GA ever had the chance to see it. That's typical of DCEU movies.

In contrast, we can expect a deluge of 1-star votes for Episode 9 before it comes out because IMdB is the last place haters (and stans) can screw with audience ratings.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

On IMDB you can give a movie a 10 before it's even in theaters so it's not any impartial or useful metric. It's had problems with bots for years. At least Rotten Tomatoes new Verified Audience score requires you to actually see the damn movie first.

There's a reason studios use RT scores in promos but not IMDB lmao

How does RT verify users have seen the movie?

23 hours ago, Hades said:

But there are Jokes in the Joker and the audience who I sat with also laughed. So don't understand that one.

Mod Edit, Spoilers Below:

Spoiler

Also there's directly reference to Batman how his parents were killed which makes him ultimately Batman

Edited by captainwondyful

Deadpool, Logan, ITSV, Venom, Joker is why one studio shouldn't own everything. Logan and Deadpool have already been passed on though. It's not just an R-Rated thing. ITSV is an animation and within Disney's expertise but it's such a different sort of animation. Same for Venom's camp.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Deadpool, Logan, ITSV, Venom, Joker is why one studio shouldn't own everything. Logan and Deadpool have already been passed on though. It's not just an R-Rated thing. ITSV is an animation and within Disney's expertise but it's such a different sort of animation. Same for Venom's camp.

Why are  you acting like Venom is of the caliber of any of those? It's not R rated or unique in a way the others are. Thisd be like listing Fant4stic as a reason Marvel shouldn't have the rights.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a2k said:

X-men 3, Wolverine 1 + 2, X-men: Apocalypse, X-men: Dark Phoenix, Fantastic 4, Fantastic 4: Rise of the silver surfer, Fantastic 4 Reboot, Spider-man 3, Amazing Spiderman, Amazing spiderman 2,  Venom is why Disney should own all the rights to the marvel characters. 

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 4

I noted that Zack Snyder does not get a EP credit for "The Joker".

First time ,I think (not sure about Shazam) since MOS that Snyder has not gotten a credit in a DCU film, even though for the  films since JL it's been a "courtesy" credit.

RIP, Zack. You had the wheel and nearly drove the car over the cliff.

Zack Snyder will continue to be credited as executive producer in all future DC movies that use the characters and stories he created, just like Christopher Nolan was credited in Batman v Superman and Justice League because of his work in Man Of Steel, and just like David Ayer in Birds Of Prey because he created this Harley Quinn. Haters will just have to deal with reading their names in the credits.

:Gaga:

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder will continue to be credited as executive producer in all future DC movies that use the characters and stories he created, just like Christopher Nolan was credited in Batman v Superman and Justice League because of his work in Man Of Steel, and just like David Ayer in Birds Of Prey because he created this Harley Quinn. Haters will just have to deal with reading their names in the credits.

:Gaga:

Maybe, but still, no credit for Snyder in "The Joker" is a first.

And Snyder might well get a courtesy credit but his current influence on the DCU is zero. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I noted that Zack Snyder does not get a EP credit for "The Joker".

First time ,I think (not sure about Shazam) since MOS that Snyder has not gotten a credit in a DCU film, even though for the  films since JL it's been a "courtesy" credit.

RIP, Zack. You had the wheel and nearly drove the car over the cliff.

Why would he have been credited for it to begin with? He had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Why would he have been credited for it to begin with? He had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. 

Yeah, that is my point.

For a while, Zack was a producer on every DC film. He pretty much was in charge of the franchise. That time is now gone. He gets a "courtesy" producer credit on films that use some of the people he cast but he no longer has any real input into the DCU, thank heaven.

Edited by dudalb