Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

The moral of the story.....no famous person should dare insult the  MCU...A legion of fanboys and the Disney  worshipping media outlets will come for you .....Just ask SONY ...Fear them people..No freedom of speech with them...

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Ummm, a famous director says a very popular brand doesn't qualify as cinema and you don't think it would be all over the news even if people weren't "easily offended??" Please. His comments make him look small minded and out of touch in any case and deserved pushback. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but lots of people agree with him as well, I don’t personally but I also don’t care what he thinks about things that I like/enjoy.

Marty's comments about the MCU are dumb but no more dumb than Spielberg's comments about how Netflix movies shouldn't be allowed to compete for Oscars even though more and more big name talent is doing streaming these days. The reality is dawning on these old guys who helped shaped cinema as we know it today that cinema as they knew it is now a thing of the past, I suppose.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seriously, did people forget when Inarittu called superhero movies cultural genocide? Like no clue why Scorcese is getting criticised for saying something that isn't even negative.

Lol at his comments not being negative.

And doesn't matter if someone said something worse. What Scorsese said is no less ignorant. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

48 minutes ago, TMP said:

The fact that a lot of the articles are from CNN is... interesting, since they're owned by WarnerMedia. I'm not saying it's a giant corporation giving themselves free publicity, but... I'm not saying it's not. I think if it was any other news company it wouldn't strike me as odd.

I don’t think random CNN contributors are in anyway benefitting from the movie. 

2 hours ago, Hades said:

The moral of the story.....no famous person should dare insult the  MCU...A legion of fanboys and the Disney  worshipping media outlets will come for you .....Just ask SONY ...Fear them people..No freedom of speech with them...

Moral of the story - Dude try to be nice. There are lot of things in life that you might enjoy if you just ignore Disney and MCU. Look at the bright side you won't have to come here just to shit post , you can do something productive. Have you ever given it a thought? You should consider it.

I did find it funny that a lot of people who said Scorsese shouldn't be criticized for his comments bc "free speech" immediately pivoted to "everyone who criticizes Scorsese's films is a dumb hick". Personally I think every opinion is up for criticism once offered, that's how free speech is supposed to work.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HeadShot said:

I said Scorsese shouldn't be talking about anyone being generic/formulaic 

Isn't he one of the most diverse director of all time ?

Wolf of Wall street, silence, Raging Bull, GoodFellas, Gang of New York, Mean Street, Kundun, New York/New York, Taxi Driver, Color of Money, Hugo, Last temptation of the Christ are quite different, for the big auteur out there, outside the really smooth editing/craft it is not that obvious you are watching a Scorsese movie. 

Why would he not be literally the one, one of the very top one in the world talking about being generic/formulaic, has one of the big cinephile and one of the most diverse in output director of the last 40 year's ?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yall ready for the bullshit Disney and Marvel are gonna build if Birds of Prey is successful? Probably greenlight an A-Force movie in February.

What's wrong with that? Would be no different than WB rushing to build a cinematic universe because it's worked so well for Marvel. If only they looked at the success of Black Panther and finally decided to give Cyborg (or any black superhero) a solo movie.... 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

What's wrong with that? Would be no different than WB rushing to build a cinematic universe because it's worked so well for Marvel. If only they looked at the success of Black Panther and finally decided to give Cyborg (or any black superhero) a solo movie.... 

How about "finally" a black female solo movie?

227957054_e846e6fc02_z.jpg?zz=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

How about "finally" a black female solo movie?

227957054_e846e6fc02_z.jpg?zz=1

Don't be dense. That was over 15 years ago. My point is that Cyborg was supposed to get a solo movie yet we haven't heard a thing about it. I'd be surprised if it was even still on WB's radar. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Isn't he one of the most diverse director of all time ?

Wolf of Wall street, silence, Raging Bull, GoodFellas, Gang of New York, Mean Street, Kundun, New York/New York, Taxi Driver, Color of Money, Hugo, Last temptation of the Christ are quite different, for the big auteur out there, outside the really smooth editing/craft it is not that obvious you are watching a Scorsese movie. 

Why would he not be literally the one, one of the very top one in the world talking about being generic/formulaic, has one of the big cinephile and one of the most diverse in output director of the last 40 year's ?

And let's not forget "Age Of Innocence" which could not be further from a "typical" Scorsese film.

But I am getting the sick feeling a lot of  people here have never seen a Scorsese film, except for maybe "Wolf Of Wall Street" since they have no interest in seeing any film that is not a recent release.

19 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Don't be dense. That was over 15 years ago. My point is that Cyborg was supposed to get a solo movie yet we haven't heard a thing about it. I'd be surprised if it was even still on WB's radar. 

The point is that superhero movies didn't start 10 years ago, even if youngsters have forgotten that Catwoman or Blade exist - and think that Black Panther or Wonder Woman are "firsts". In terms of diversity, the genre (and therefore blockbusters in general) just took a huge step backwards when Disney decided to produce 20+ movies with white male leads.

• Like 1