Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

A lot of people seem to be missing their points that Coppola and Scorcese are pissed not because Marvel is making money but because they are (as in blockbuster films as a whole) are pushing smaller films out. And anyone who thinks that they are only speaking about Marvel is probably just thick as hell. I guess people are only whining cuz its Marvel. But only if people here watched the films Scorcese and Coppola are trying to defend. 

Yeah, Portman is gonna criticise Marvel when she's starring in a Marvel film. 

But she's right, there's room for all types of cinema. The problem is blockbusters are taking too much space, especially with how many theaters they are getting. Like I'm sure the top 2 of this weekend would have made the same amount of money with a lower theater count.

I will say the studio is to blame rather than superhero movies. Like there's no need for Disney to make remakes of the old movies or for that matter Sony to make emoji movie. Studios are wasting their money on unnecessary sequels and not giving space for these directors or even new ones. I get his criticism he is bitter that he is not able to get opportunity to make new movie where as Marvel is just a easy target. Also Superhero movies have been there since Superman long back ago so all movies can co-exist. Studios are to blame

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

A lot of people seem to be missing their points that Coppola and Scorcese are pissed not because Marvel is making money but because they are (as in blockbuster films as a whole) are pushing smaller films 

Except they aren’t. This is factually incorrect. Epic fail on your part. 

I think it was in bad taste of Scorsese and Coppola to attack Marvel this harsh. Why not all comic book movies? It's not just Marvel. We're about to have the nth reiteration of Batman in a short time

and don't kid yourself....their criticism was not about how much money Marvel movies make. it was about their quality.

Edited by Alli

19 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

This isn’t by all means an ageist comment, but this is mostly a battle of generations thing. Of course that old timers back when films like Star Wars, Superman and even Batman ‘89 were released didn’t think those films were cinema.

Star Wars won 6 Oscars.

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

This is so impressive after 25 movies.

oscar_jackson.jpg

Look impressive or not doesn't matter. There are lot of unnecessary movies exist like emoji movie, the Disney remakes. Superhero movies are a outlet and they are entwined to our lives people adore them. Essentially Scorsese and Coppola both are right but Marvel is just a face (they are angry about today's culture) they are not given any room to make new movies. Fault is with Studios.

Just now, Walt Disney said:

Except they aren’t. This is factually incorrect. Epic fail on your part. 

"Theaters have become amusement parks," Scorsese said during BAFTA's annual David Lean lecture on Saturday. "That is all fine and good but don't invade everything else in that sense," he said. "That is fine and good for those who enjoy that type of film and, by the way, knowing what goes into them now, I admire what they do. It's not my kind of thing, it simply is not. It's creating another kind of audience that thinks cinema is that."

"We shouldn't be invaded by it. We need cinemas to step up and show films that are narrative films."

I wonder what he means by narrative films. I guess he's telling Disney to make less marvel films and more Disney animated remakes.

2 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

B R I G A D O O N.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Well, if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know, I don't know what does.

Yet, still, gonna take the opportunity to post:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

nobody saw the one big budget movie this year that was actually breaking the mold and pushing cinema forward.

So are superhero movies to blame? Lot of blockbusters are same nowadays. How many movies break the mold? They don't cause they are not made anymore the way it used to. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alli said:

Scorsese mad there's no space in the cinema for his movie and he was forced to go to Netflix. What is Coppola doing these days?

https://deadline.com/2019/04/francis-ford-coppola-megalopolis-directing-this-year-1202588167/

Francis Ford Coppola is ready to embark on one of his dream projects. He plans to direct Megalopolis, a sprawling film as ambitious as Apocalypse Now, that he has been plotting for many years. Coppola revealed this to me today. He has his script, and he has begun speaking informally to potential stars.

• Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1