Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

someone should do an edit of Godfather so it's Kevin Feige christening Ant Man 3 a billion dollar hit or whatever while Scorsese, Coppola, james cameron are being gunned down by tom holland stan accounts.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1

If you've seen one, you've seen them all...

I have not read the article.

Are Marty and Copolla only referring to Marvel movies or all comic book movies and they singled out Marvel because they are the most successful? 

Wasnt Scorsese supposed to be a producer on the new Joker movie? Is he blasting all comic book movies, including Nolan's batman?

I think people should just let it go. It's a opinion of what bunch of people's. Does it really matter to you? Also superhero have been popular in US and they are idolised and are icons the directors who are making these marvel movies are just trying to accomplish what comics did. These movies are not cinema , these are same old movies repeated we get it , but they are enjoyable nonetheless. The most important thing if only what these bunch of people who "Make real cinema" how many people would watch their movies? How many people would be entertained? Movies essentially are made for the Entertainment and enjoyment!!!! You know most of the General audience doesn't even care for this stupid stuff. So just ignore it guys.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

When you're a king who speaks the truth

EHVdHBkXkAA48Cx.jpg

I think he's bitter and that's ok. I'd hang out with him if that was the spread. Makes me want to go back Tuscany.  Good taste on food and drink! 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

So he was lying. Not cool. Maybe bitter?

The real question is: is he lying because he is bitter now or was he lying then?

Also, this:

And most of all, THIS:

The Mighty Thor has spoken, and I see no lies. Worthy Portmandaughter is.

7 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

The real question is: is he lying because he is bitter now or was he lying then?

Also, this:

Daniel Alter's a massive troll lmao, maybe it's best not to quote him. Also The Godfather was the biggest movie of all time when it opened, so I really don't get all this "he's bitter" complaints; his film was in the same position in 1972 that Endgame is in now

Edited by TMP
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think people should just let it go. It's a opinion of what bunch of people's. Does it really matter to you? Also superhero have been popular in US and they are idolised and are icons the directors who are making these marvel movies are just trying to accomplish what comics did. These movies are not cinema , these are same old movies repeated we get it , but they are enjoyable nonetheless. The most important thing if only what these bunch of people who "Make real cinema" how many people would watch their movies? How many people would be entertained? Movies essentially are made for the Entertainment and enjoyment!!!! You know most of the General audience doesn't even care for this stupid stuff. So just ignore it guys.

This isn’t by all means an ageist comment, but this is mostly a battle of generations thing. Of course that old timers back when films like Star Wars, Superman and even Batman ‘89 were released didn’t think those films were cinema. Eventually, virtual reality films will be a thing, and people of our generation will say that that isn’t cinema either. I don’t take Scorcese or Coppola’s opinions seriously when it comes to this subject because anyone in good faith can tell that they are hilariously wrong, so when I see people seriously arguing about this I just roll my eyes and move on.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Daniel Alter's a massive troll lmao, maybe it's best not to quote him. Also The Godfather was the biggest movie of all time when it opened, so I really don't get all this "he's bitter" complaints; his film was in the same position in 1972 that Endgame is in now

I’m aware of Alter, but he is not wrong there. Also aware of The Godfather’s box office prowess back then, but my 2 cents on this whole "thing" is right above. The world has changed. Cinema has changed, and it will keep changing and evolving. And that’s a good thing. This is no different than old timers claiming that the current music landscape is not music, which is hilariously wrong. Cinema is cinema, music is music, regardless of our nostalgia glasses or hearing aids.

A lot of people seem to be missing their points that Coppola and Scorcese are pissed not because Marvel is making money but because they are (as in blockbuster films as a whole) are pushing smaller films out. And anyone who thinks that they are only speaking about Marvel is probably just thick as hell. I guess people are only whining cuz its Marvel. But only if people here watched the films Scorcese and Coppola are trying to defend. 

9 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

The Mighty Thor has spoken, and I see no lies. Worthy Portmandaughter is.

Yeah, Portman is gonna criticise Marvel when she's starring in a Marvel film. 

But she's right, there's room for all types of cinema. The problem is blockbusters are taking too much space, especially with how many theaters they are getting. Like I'm sure the top 2 of this weekend would have made the same amount of money with a lower theater count.

4 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

I’m aware of Alter, but he is not wrong there. Also aware of The Godfather’s box office prowess back then, but my 2 cents on this whole "thing" is right above. The world has changed. Cinema has changed, and it will keep changing and evolving. And that’s a good thing. This is no different than old timers claiming that the current music landscape is not music, which is hilariously wrong. Cinema is cinema, music is music, regardless of our nostalgia glasses or hearing aids.

What kind of messed up evolution are we talking about? 

Also change isn't always good...

Edited by lorddemaxus

See the thing is if you say Marvel sucks and is  not cinema then the original superman is trash, Batman is basically dlist, Batman Begins and TDKR suck, and Spiderman 1/2 are horrible. I disagree I love all of those and Wonderwoman and Aquaman. 

Are they for everyone? God no but nor is the god father.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What kind of messed up evolution are we talking about? 

Evolution is evolution. Breaking the mold and evolving is what cinema has been doing since the old black and white silent films. People too attached to nostalgia get bitter at that, but that will never stop cinema from evolving, old geniuses liking that idea or not.

Edited by Zatt was right

Just now, Zatt was right said:

Evolution is evolution. Breaking the mold and evolving is what cinemas has been doing since the old black and white silent films. People too attached to nostalgia get bitter at that, but that will never stop cinema from evolving, old geniuses liking that idea or not.

But blockbusters films taking up more screens and making up more marketshare isn't evolution. Most of the evolution in cinema has happened in terms of the way we watch movies and the technical side of things (mostly film equipment). 

I really don't get your evolution point. Change doesnt mean evolution.