Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Because again I thought their opinions were unfair as everything that comes in cinema, good, bad or in between, blockbusters, indies, animation is cinema but I don’t need their validation to enjoy stuff I like. 

The differences between the fanboys and the directors is that they made their money while the fanboys are defending a multi billion dollar company that really doesn’t need it especially when it’s made it’s money.

It's the fanboys thread. What do you expect? lol. It's like walking into a donut shop and complaining that there's to much sugar.  

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's funny to think about it but The Godfather was a paycheck gig for Coppola that he did because he was coming off a couple of flops, he didn't even like the book that much, but it was such a big seller he thought it would be an easy win at the box office. if it has marvel vibes it's right there. today coppola would've had to do Venom 2 to prove he could have a hit.

No shit. All these directors pretending to be high-brow "artists" when they would kill to get the highest grossing movie of all time. 

We have come to the point where every story that can be told has been told. Nothing will ever be original again. All that's left is creating characters that people love and connect with. Which is exactly what the MCU has done. I'd watch a 3 hour movie or Iron man and captain America golfing. 

Copploa is like 80 years ago and was last relevant in 1997 (great movie). I get it he hates them, it's not made for him. These people also hate amusement parks and anything that brings joy to children. Their opinion isn't right or wrong, although a bit sad and dark. Feels very British (or really welsch)

Edited by cdsacken

28 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Stomped on their filmography: 

1 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,797.8

$858.4

If you think that box office number alone will define cinematic achievement.

You are just  prove that Marvel fanboys are just a bunch of mindless kid that achieve nothing in their real life and have to leverage on someone else success to feel self-accomplishment.

• Like 2

It probably didn't get as much attention here because it wasn't directly tied to a big fanboy franchise but Spielberg earlier this year basically said that Netflix was making TV movies and wanted to ban their movies from competing at the Oscars unless they had a theater exclusive window for a certain amount of time (comments he would later walk back on but still). I say just let these legendary old guy filmmakers do their things whether you agree with them or not.

11 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/coppola-backs-scorsese-row-over-marvel-films-173112180.html

"I don't know that anyone gets anything out of seeing the same movie over and over again," the 80-year-old filmmaker said.

"Martin was kind when he said it's not cinema. He didn't say it's despicable, which I just say it is."

Imagine aproaching death and being that bitter, resentful and hateful.

But hey, he lives like a king thanks to his whine without having to suffer another humiliation at the theaters.

Everybody wins.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Lord of the Rings was awfully stupid but it got a free pass because ti was from a book with a lot of words.

Literary street creed of some sorts.

So people thought mistakenly  the LOTR films were ART.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The hypocrisy on some of you guys is both hilarious and sad. I thought both of the comments by Scorsese and Capolla were dumb but c’mon. Like it’s okay to be divisive on different things but lord forbid it’s your fan base. I like how sensitive some of y’all are when a filmmaker disses something you like. Despite the billions of dollars and critical success, some of you can’t handle that someone doesn’t like the films. It’s this type of behavior in fandom in general that makes me ashamed to even be a CBM fan or a fan of anything. I mean I’ve said in the past I thought Suicide Squad was and is still the best CBM of 2016, but I don’t need validation if someone doesn’t like my movie. 

Martin Scorsese said that he has never watched any Marvel movie. I find it hard to believe that anyone can dislike something they have never even seen. If they dislike something they haven't seen, then they are just hating on it for a different reason than its quality. In this case, it seems to be jealousy over the MCU films' overwhelming popularity and box office success. Calling that jealousy out isn't being overly sensitive or even reacting negatively to criticism. It's actually having a logical and intelligent reaction to the comments that were made.

Of course, logic and facts don't sit well with people who hate on these movies and are jealous of their success, so it's easier to say that the criticism over the comments is people being "overly sensitive" or "afraid of criticism." No one cares if lots of people hate MCU movies; it clearly isn't hurting their box office success. But, if someone is going to have their opinion taken seriously, then they should probably see a movie before they dismiss it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Martin Scorsese said that he has never watched any Marvel movie. I find it hard to believe that anyone can dislike something they have never even seen. If they dislike something they haven't seen, then they are just hating on it for a different reason than its quality. In this case, it seems to be jealousy over the MCU films' overwhelming popularity and box office success. Calling that jealousy out isn't being overly sensitive or even reacting negatively to criticism. It's actually having a logical and intelligent reaction to the comments that were made.

Of course, logic and facts don't sit well with people who hate on these movies and are jealous of their success, so it's easier to say that the criticism over the comments is people being "overly sensitive" or "afraid of criticism." No one cares if lots of people hate MCU movies; it clearly isn't hurting their box office success. But, if someone is going to have their opinion taken seriously, then they should probably see a movie before they dismiss it.

Except he said he's tried watching the movies? And I advice you to watch things outside of Disney movies before calling him jealous. 

Also I'm pretty dissapointed that this isn't a satire account. People who unironically fanboy over a whole conglomerate shouldn't really participate in these kinds of discussions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except he said he's tried watching the movies? And I advice you to watch things outside of Disney movies before calling him jealous. 

Also I'm pretty dissapointed that this isn't a satire account. People who unironically fanboy over a whole conglomerate shouldn't really participate in these kinds of discussions.

Hello 9-1-1, yes I would like to report a murder.