Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

why the  HBO Watchmen audience score is so low ?

I saw a couple of user reviews that complained about the show being “woke”, so that probably has something to do with it. Never mind the fact that the graphic novel had very clear anti-fascist themes, and that Rorschach was portrayed as a far right nut job who Alan Moore has gone on record to say that he dislikes. 

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

Did you watch it?

I have it recorded, my wife and I had a party last night and didn’t get in till late so I’ll watch it today. A few friends I know who watched it all loved it though and everyone on my twitter feed has nothing but good things to say as well. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I saw a couple of user reviews that complained about the show being “woke”, so that probably has something to do with it. Never mind the fact that the graphic novel had very clear anti-fascist themes, and that Rorschach was portrayed as a far right nut job who Alan Moore has gone on record to say that he dislikes. 

Zack Snyder turned Rorschach into angrier Batman when he was just Travis Bickle with a face mask, and now everyone thinks he's some super hero

7 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Welp there it is. Like i said. A mysogonistic pig who's opinion doesn't matter! 

Yawn, keep making your awful points. It's clear you only read the clickbait title and not the article where he goes in depth and talks about films you've probably never seen. And even his female producer agrees with him.

Also his opinion matters more than any Marvel director and definitely more than yours.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Okay now I understand the bitter old man complaints.

After rereading it, the framing is off but I get the point he’s making albeit it sounds whiny.

• Like 1

Lindelof’s Watchmen is the best first episode of a tv series I’ve ever seen, and I did watch and loved The Boys first season during the weekend. The mad man did it. 

Also, HBO and Lindelof are releasing companion pieces that are world building Watchmen’s universe even further. Just brilliant.

https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia

12 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

Lindelof’s Watchmen is the best first episode of a tv series I’ve ever seen, and I did watch and loved The Boys first season during the weekend. The mad man did it. 

Also, HBO and Lindelof are releasing companion pieces that are world building Watchmen’s universe even further. Just brilliant.

https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia

Check out Lindelof's last show, The Leftovers - one of the best of the decade imho