Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I really want Thor Rag to do way better that Suicide Squad. SS was a huge insult of a movie, the very definition of bad movie made to look awesome with the trailers.

The marketing deserves a medal for making SS look so good.

Edited by Mojoguy

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I really want Thor Rag to do way better that Suicide Squad. SS was a huge insult of a movie, the very definition of bad movie made to look awesome with the trailers.

The marketing deserves a medal for making SS look so good.

Thor: Ragnarok' s marketing has been an insult to marketing.

Making fonts and musical cues look/sound like they come from the eighties and making a Thor film look like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 may be the very definition of "AWESOME!" to Marvel fanboys of a certain age, but it is lazy, unimaginative, and pedestrian to me. 

It would be ironic (and funny) if all this "AWESOME!" marketing for T:R hides a film as bad and divisive as SS.

• Like 1

Thor: Ragnarok' s marketing has been an insult to marketing.

Making fonts and musical cues look/sound like they come from the eighties and making a Thor film look like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 may be the very definition of "AWESOME!" to Marvel fanboys of a certain age, but it is lazy, unimaginative, and pedestrian to me.
It would be ironic (and funny) if all this "AWESOME!" marketing for T:R hides a film as bad and divisive as SS.

Interestingly, both SS and Thor Rag are "team" movies if we go by the second Rag trailer.

SS had three great performances, Waller, Deadshot and Harley, but I didn't like the movie.

Thor Rag is guaranteed three great performances for me so they can match SS at least with Thor, Loki, and Bruce/Hulk.

Also Hela is looking great, hopefully she is a large ham. The less said about SS's Enchantress' wavy arm dancing the better along with her weird looking brother.

While we don't know if the Thor Rag is good or not, I think the editing should be much better at least. They seemed to have embraced the Thor in a strange land premise like from the first Thor movie which I really enjoyed, but instead of being on Earth he is on some kind of alien planet now.

11 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Most of Civil War is so, so shoddy. A BvS ripoff, if you will.

And outside of the final IM/CA fight, boring.

BVS rip-off? Huh? Okay, if someone complains about finding the movie boring or disliking its filmmaking, whatever, that doesn't bother me. But calling it a BVS rip-off is just stupid, to say the least. Civil War was greenlit as a response to BVS, that's true, but it still doesn't change the fact that both movies came out with two months of separation, and CW was being screened in advance just a few weeks after BVS' release. It's virtually impossible that anybody at Marvel saw anything related to BVS before they started shootings on CW. And yes, BVS finished its own shootings in 2014, but again, post-production had barely started by the time CW's filmings began. Therefore, that accusation is ridiculous. I'm not denying that they're virtually the same movie, cause they kinda are, apart from a different direction at the end... but one being a rip-off of the other is the shadiest and most "do you have any idea of what you're talking about?" dissing I've ever seen regarding any of those movies :rofl:

Otherwise, Armageddon was a rip-off of Deep Impact as well. Same for Volcano compared to Dante's Peak.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

20770038_1740334012665885_13463189588912

NO heck no, keep her away from Batgirl. She's a franchise killer ...don't have the acting chops, nor the look.

She's ok and all, but don't find her all that interesting.

• Astonished 1

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

BVS rip-off? Huh? Okay, if someone complains about finding the movie boring or disliking its filmmaking, whatever, that doesn't bother me. But calling it a BVS rip-off is just stupid, to say the least. Civil War was greenlit as a response to BVS, that's true, but it still doesn't change the fact that both movies came out with two months of separation, and CW was being screened in advance just a few weeks after BVS' release. It's virtually impossible that anybody at Marvel saw anything related to BVS before they started shootings on CW. And yes, BVS finished its own shootings in 2014, but again, post-production had barely started by the time CW's filmings began. Therefore, that accusation is ridiculous. I'm not denying that they're virtually the same movie, cause they kinda are, apart from a different direction at the end... but one being a rip-off of the other is the shadiest and most "do you have any idea of what you're talking about?" dissing I've ever seen regarding any of those movies :rofl:

Otherwise, Armageddon was a rip-off of Deep Impact as well. Same for Volcano compared to Dante's Peak.

I didn't say they ripped them off. But it's the same film, whether intentional or not. Civil War is better put together and flows better, but I didn't get any sense of stakes in the film until the final fight. And even then, I've been on record saying that IM/Cap were never friends, so the whole fighting thing was built up over... coworkers basically.

I enjoyed BvS more, but would probably rate the films similarly.

20 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm not entirely sure how many around here are actual comic book readers, but if I could recommend ONE book from each DC and Marvel from last week would be this two:

1. Tom King's Mister Miracle #1. Without spoilers, but this might be the best use of Darkseid in decades. And no, that's not a spoiler. Tom King came to DC after writing what many call the Watchmen of the Marvel Comics, which is the Vision's 12 issues last year. I think he won an Eisner for that, and at the very least was indicated. 

I trade wait much of my reading now. It's more economical and the stories flow better since they are essentially written that way.

I was going to get Mister Miracle as a show of support for a C-list character I've off/on had interest in. Then I found out, like the Bane series, it's designed as a 12-issue maxi run and went back to Trade Wait mode. Glad to hear a good review on it though!

• Like 1