Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Every MCU film but Ant-Man and Doctor Strange sucks.

Every.

Single.

One.

There's a GREAT reasoning this kid makes on this review that I've posted above that I strongly agree with. I strongly disagree with his take on WW but it doesn't matter: here on his review of SS he completely nails it what is the difference between Marvel Studios and DCEU films up to Suicide Squad in my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Talking about Suicide Squad, I don't think I've laughed this much watching a review in years. This kid is a fucking genius, haha:

Ralph is a treasure and imo the best movie reviewer on YT

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Ralph is a treasure and imo the best movie reviewer on YT

OMG I just found out about him this morning and I'm legit CRYING FROM LAUGHING right now. Seriously, if you want to have the best time you'll ever have watching X-Men: Apocalypse, watch his review:

You all are fucking welcome.

Seriously, this kid is some kind of freaking genius, and I've gotta to agree with you, Brainbug. Good God. :rofl:

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

Although one more thought (or two) on Suicide Squad (now that I've slept on it)...

If that movie could make $300M+ last August, every studio should be ashamed they didn't come up with something this month...I'm still deciding if Margot Robbie's butt shots really sold THAT many tickets, or if people heard it was a train wreck and were like "I'm up for a train wreck - let's go!"

I will say, in it's defense, it was at least a simple, straightforward story (when it stayed on point)...almost only a one act one that got filled out with whatever the Joker/Harley stuff was and the opening montage and epilogue...so, there was a little learning from BvS...

And it's a good thing I didn't watch it til now, b/c I have already forgiven Affleck for his awfulness as Batman so far and think he can do well in JL...if I'd have known he was awful again in his cameos, I might not have been so forgiving...

Ben...please stop letting me down and carry that mantle in JL...Gal can't solely carry a seemingly 2 main star movie...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

But in a vacuum wonder woman was designed from the start as a feminist propaganda tool apparently (the movie about is creator could be fun), so I would imagine that she would be the one.

Wonder Woman started out in the comics as someone who fought for women's rights. No surprise why people get so pissed whenever she gets criticized or attacked.
The movie avoided turning WW or the Amazons into man haters like they have been depicted in the past in the comics, which could have put off some of its male audience if they had done that. It could have easily turned into another Ghostbusters situation.

• Like 1

Marvel is killing it with the MCU. They are still strong in merchandise and have more toons on tv then DC at the moment. DC should catch up with the release of Young Justice which is a top quality cartoon. 

DC is doing better in comics, video games and about equal in tv. They are also strong in merchandise.  The DCEU is now after WW on a big trend upwards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warmaster506 said:

Marvel is killing it with the MCU. They are still strong in merchandise and have more toons on tv then DC at the moment. DC should catch up with the release of Young Justice which is a top quality cartoon. 

DC is doing better in comics, video games and about equal in tv. They are also strong in merchandise.  The DCEU is now after WW on a big trend upwards. 

I'm excited for Season 3 of Young Justice.

2 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

DC's superherogirls is a massive hit with girls.

MCU made a huge mistake in relegating their female characters in basically all their movies to side/bit parts.

Edited by Alli

21 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Other than AoU Whedon's slip, Black Widow is a great and strong feminist character. 

I don't even think that is a real "slip".   Her "monster" comment clearly was about her killing so many people and she just used the word itself because of the context of the conversation with Banner.   Lots of overreaction with that one.

19 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Meanwhile in the latest Marvel Comics fuck up:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-store-owners-announce-they-wont-offer-marvel-legacy-issues-1032851?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Is it too soon for a Kevin Feige intervention in the comic book side of Marvel already? Because I just can't stand it anymore. 

Yikes...Marvel comics is a trainwreck these days.

7 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Every MCU film but Ant-Man and Doctor Strange sucks.

Every.

Single.

One.

Those would be near the bottom of my ranking.

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Although one more thought (or two) on Suicide Squad (now that I've slept on it)...

If that movie could make $300M+ last August, every studio should be ashamed they didn't come up with something this month...I'm still deciding if Margot Robbie's butt shots really sold THAT many tickets, or if people heard it was a train wreck and were like "I'm up for a train wreck - let's go!"

It's gotta be the Joker/Harley factor.   It's not a coincidence that the two highest grossing Batman movies featured the Joker.

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

And it's a good thing I didn't watch it til now, b/c I have already forgiven Affleck for his awfulness as Batman so far and think he can do well in JL...if I'd have known he was awful again in his cameos, I might not have been so forgiving...

Ben...please stop letting me down and carry that mantle in JL...Gal can't solely carry a seemingly 2 main star movie...

I think he's done a really good job so far....but has that script holding him down.

19 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Meanwhile in the latest Marvel Comics fuck up:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-store-owners-announce-they-wont-offer-marvel-legacy-issues-1032851?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Is it too soon for a Kevin Feige intervention in the comic book side of Marvel already? Because I just can't stand it anymore. 

I just was having a conversation with my favorite comic book store employee yesterday...he and I were discussing the Legacy and how whack some of the title combos are...like some have been around forever, some have been around for months, there's no rhyme or reason to whom they picked, etc...I'm not sure the store will actually have any recommendations to read any of these, nor am I planning to pick up any of them.  It's funny how the best Marvel titles over the last 2 years have been the ones kept mostly away from the "main" story, like Squirrel Girl and Amazing Spider-Man...

This last year of comics reminds me of how Marvel destroyed the X-Men lines a few years ago to try to elevate the Inhuman ones b/c they didn't have the rights to the X-Men movies.  I'll still never forgive Marvel for how they killed off my favorite Marvel character, Cyclops, pretty much OFF camera for over 12 months...and then revealed his non-heroic mundane death in the weakest way possible...I'm waiting for the "JR in the shower" moment to undo all the damage to that line before I ever read it again...I used to read everything X-Men, and I haven't touched an issue since that Inhumans/X-Men "how Cyclops died" crossover ended...

Thankfully, my favorite DC character, Nightwing, hasn't been kicked off the heroic bandwagon yet, so I still have a decent comic to read for him...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1