Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It's just me or CW has zero buzz for now? It's not even in the Top 8 of Twitter tracking, even Xmen and SS are already there, I'm def worried 

You're worried about a movie that doesn't open for another three months. Chill.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You're worried about a movie that doesn't open for another three months. Chill.

Well, Xmen will be released in May and SS in August, but they're already there, and it's not just this, the movie was 'only' #5 in Fandango's most anticipated movies, and it's coming after Ultron, that was a huge disappointment for some persons, I know that it will be huge, but I have fear that it won't be huge like ppl expect just like A2, I just hope it won't be overshadowed by BVS, just like A2 was for F7 :unsure: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think some members here are, specially some ****** fans  :unsure: 

We need to be able to compare the anticipation over these films without people trolling and moderators wearing their fanboy hats on to censor a discussion. Batman v Superman looked awesome in the first trailer, but I feel that the awareness of people for both Deadpool and Civil War is stronger. Deadpool reminds me the perfect storm that was the Avengers back in the day: great reviews, core fan base insanely happy with the results of the film, Deadpool has easily the best marketing campaign that I've ever seen for any film of the superhero genre and that's the reason that we are seeing the film going so nuts like it's happening. My predictions are updated while the days go just like anybody here, but one clear cut example of how the awareness for Deadpool is stronger, BvS after being surpassed by Deadpool in Facebook likes two weeks ago when it had 2.9m likes, now has 3m. Deadpool just broke 3.7m. That type of tracking is quite useful to predict where these films will land. Or we can't talk about these films without or fanboy hats on anymore?

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I know, 9M views for a Gotham city tourism ad and 8M for Metropolis is crazy. Especially considering that they are inuniverse ads.

Thats more than a lot of actual trailers get.

I just see that both commercials have more views than the Civil War SB trailer.

tumblr_mo1h7sMcRJ1rfi2z2o1_400.gif

And there were people here saying BVS is getting a bad marketing campaign.

Spoiler

Not as crazy as some troll saying Sucker Punch was a pretentious movie, though :rofl:

Edited by Napoleon

Wait, the internet is freaking out about this?

BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story, which was written by Oscar winner Chris Terrio.

I think they can rest easy...

19 hours ago, Chewy said:

BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story, which was written by Oscar winner Chris Terrio.

If BvS isn't a popcorn film and is actually deep and doesn't have hour long adolescent brawls between Bats and Sups, I will jump for joy. 

43 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Never seen a film trashed this much before release. It's almost like Disney is running a smear campaign against this film.

Trashed by an online loud minority that thinks its opinions are a reflection of GA's opinion.

DCEU fans will have the last laugh when audiences prove once again that they don’t give a shit about behind the scenes bs amd they just want to be entertained by movies.

16 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Actually, if it doesn't contain hour long adolescent brawls, then the whole "VS" thing is a wash...

It's V not Vs though. V implies that they are at odds with each other not that the entire film is surpose to be a glorified showdown. I think Snyder said something to indicate that himself. though I'm sure it will have one (we saw so much in the trailers), but the final action sequence in MoS (or final three I guess) they could have shaved off 30 mintues and choose to focused on other things, like character development and it would have been way more fulfilling and effective, because we might actually care about the characters.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Never seen a film trashed this much before release. It's almost like Disney is running a smear campaign against this film.

Why would Disney run a smear campaign against BvS? and where did you hear that anyone involved with Disney was behind this? if anything Disney probably wants BvS to succeed so that people will want to see another superhero film that comes out a couple months later. after all it's because of the success of the MCU, that WB is even attempting a DCCU to begin with.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

Reading through the comments on this article, I'm at a difficult place with this movie...

I want it to be good because it's the next big event film. And good movies are obviously a fun time at the cinema with a packed crowd.

But seeing what fans are doing like photoshopping tweets and accusing journalists of things they didn't say, a smear campaign, etc. is kind of making me want to see it fail.

It's like a bunch of real life Sheldons from The Big Bang Theory. These people think it's DC vs The World. And that could not be further from the truth. 

I'm sure some diehard Marvel fans are rooting against it to continue the stupid nerd war but a lot of people just want a good movie.

As a diehard Star Wars fan, if any of this stuff is said about Episode 8 before release (or was said before TFA), I would never lash at the reporter like certain fans have done. I would read what they had to say and be more cautious going into the movie. Nothing is going to be perfect and please everyone. The only thing you can hope for is that is pleases you.

One things for sure, the soundtrack looks like it will be excellent. I love what I'm hearing so far and I hope the movie lives up to it.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

BTW, DC/WB should have the advantage going forward in terms of box office and characters. DC has such a wide and versatile range of characters that people forget, it's crazy.

They have the edge in mystic/magical characters

Street level characters and Martial Artists

Genius types like Lex Luthor and Will Magnus (Metal Men SHOULD be made into a movie).

Speedsters like Flash

Cosmic/space type characters like the Green Lantern Corps and Omega Men.

Abstracts and Gods. (Seems like forever, but I HOPE we get a Sandman movie)

Top tiers like Superman and Wonder Woman

Only real advantage Marvel has are mid level beings and maybe Telepaths.

"The fact that you possess a sense of morality and we do not gives us an evolutionary advantage."

That line would've worked better had Supes not minutes earlier tackled Zod into the only nearby city.

27 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

So remind me why Zod wants Lois again? Or how he even knows who Lois is?

Also approaching Zod's ship now. The anticipation for more Michael Shannon is killing me.

Her relationship with Clark was public knowledge by then. Zod wanted her to interrogate or threat her or to use her as leverage against Clark.