Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol.  Alden whathisname isn't Solo, its pretty obvious thats the biggest reason the movie flopped, people just didn't buy it.

And Jake Sully left such a lasting impression on audiences that Sam Worthington has had a strong and vibrant career in Hollywood ever since with hits like Clash of the Titans and Man on a Ledge.

Yeah I agree, also Luck Skywalker was garbage and left no impression... poor Mark Hamill paid for it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Are the mods really going to tolerate the mocking of the physically impaired? 

Or maybe I'm saying AndyK has an awesome singing voice and is an influential pop music virtuoso? Don't be an ableist. 

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah I agree, also Luck Skywalker was garbage and left no impression... poor Mark Hamill paid for it

Oh well, his compensation is getting to play the Joker that was definitive for a generation of fans. 

(Yeah I'm one of them.)

22 minutes ago, RRA said:

Is that so Stevie Wonder?

Its Stevie wonder to think that just because one movie is better received than another its CGI rendering is therefore better.

The rendering of Thanos was just as crap as Steppenwolf was just as crap as Hulk, you can't render humanoids in a way that is acceptable to the human brain, its just too well trained on what to expect.

There is no excuse for it, if they can make Peter Dinklage look three times the size of Thor and make it look realistic, there was no excuse to put a CGI character in for Thanos.

It was just complete crap rendering and they should have been called out for it, just as DC was for Steppenwolf.

...and that's no criticism of Thanos characterisation, which was pretty great. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Its Stevie wonder to think that just because one movie is better received than another its CGI rendering is therefore better.

The rendering of Thanos was just as crap as Steppenwolf was just as crap as Hulk, you can't render humanoids in a way that is acceptable to the human brain, its just too well trained on what to expect.

There is no excuse for it, if they can make Peter Dinklage look three times the size of Thor and make it look realistic, there was no excuse to put a CGI character in for Thanos.

It was just complete crap rendering and they should have been called out for it, just as DC was for Steppenwolf.

...and that's no criticism of Thanos characterisation, which was pretty great. 

Because most of the chatter I've come across regarding Thanos' CGI online is rather positive? Hell some (and I aint talking "some at Marvel Reddit") have talked up an Oscar nod for that work. It won't get it, but I thought the detailing was impressive. 

I guess its a credit to those artists plus the filmmakers that after awhile, I quit thinking of him as a CGI creation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'd keep those words in mind for your future posts. It's okay to disagree with someone's opinion, but lets not go around making ableist slurs, they're repugnant. 

Don't bother with memory. Copy and paste it! That's what Uncle Jim would do. 

(This brings up a good question: was DIE HARD ableist with that Stevie Wonder line? #KeyboardWarriorBlues)

1 minute ago, RRA said:

Don't bother with memory. Copy and paste it! That's what Uncle Jim would do. 

(This brings up a good question: was DIE HARD ableist with that Stevie Wonder line? #KeyboardWarriorBlues)

I'd already written 'ableist slur' in the report of your post... and yes it was, there's no question there. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'd already written 'ableist slur' in the report of your post... and yes it was, there's no question there. 

I got reported once for calling Michael Bay "Baynito Michaelini." 

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

A note for the future... ANYTIME anyone dares use the phrase 'No cultural impact' point them towards Solo. A movie that has at its core one of the most beloved and iconic characters of all time... FLOPS. 

Jake Sully is a stronger lead than Han Solo. Remind them of that fact when they next talk nonsense. 

Ok this is fucking hilarious.

Honestly, the Avatar trolls have taken it to a new level.

Edited by Rebeccas

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Jake Sully is a stronger lead than Han Solo

You actually got an argument for this because Jake Sully was well liked and led the film great, we saw Pandora through his eyes.

It's easy to call trolls when you can't be bothered to think

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

It's objectively true. Where do you think you are? The Culture Theory Forums? This isn't social sciences here, we're dealing with cold hard facts. 

Movies with Jake Sully as the lead are FAR higher grossing than ones with Han Solo as the lead. 

What's the conversion ratio @IronJimbo:hahaha:

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's objectively true. Where do you think you are? The Culture Theory Forums? This isn't social sciences here, we're dealing with cold hard facts. 

Movies with Jake Sully as the lead are FAR higher grossing than ones with Han Solo as the lead. 

What's the conversion ratio @IronJimbo:hahaha:

Let's be pessimist and assume Solo actually manages to make a pitiful $400m worldwide, that would be 400/2788A or you can just call that 0.14A.

In other words Jake Sully is near enough 7x more successful as a lead than Han Solo.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Let's be pessimist and assume Solo actually manages to make a pitiful $400m worldwide, that would be 400/2788A or you can just call that 0.14A.

In other words Jake Sully is near enough 7x more successful as a lead than Han Solo.

I love the box office so much. :hahaha:

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jake Sully is a stronger lead than Han Solo

You actually got an argument for this because Jake Sully was well liked and led the film great, we saw Pandora through his eyes.

It's easy to call trolls when you can't be bothered to think

Jake Sully is a way more interesting character than Han Solo on paper. Harrison Ford's charisma elevated a stock western character, the egoistical maverick that becomes a team player to bag the princess. Then it's a wrap, see how he phoned it in throughout ROTJ because there wasn't anything left worth exploring as a character.

• Like 1

Roger Corman said it before Sigourney, that, yes Cameron as soon he was able to be on the set of a Roger Corman B-Movies was already driving everyone crazy because he was after each department, telling them what to do.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Roger Corman said it before Sigourney, that, yes Cameron as soon he was able to be on the set of a Roger Corman B-Movies was already driving everyone crazy because he was after each department, telling them what to do.

Roger created the JCU