Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

When did Cameron go to Disney because he was unhappy with Fox?

Cameron is going to Disney because his contract with Fox was part of the Disney'Fox deal.

And as long as Cameron films continue to perform the way they have been (except for Alita) Disney will leave him alone. If his films start to lose money, that is another story.

I really think Cameron's hostility to  "Suits" is blown out of proportion. Cameron is not stupid;in the end he knows feuding with the people who finance his fimlms is a dumb move.

I was talking about Avatar 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Endgame footage completely destroyed Episode IX footage shown today (to shareholder only). :bop:

I just read them

Thor alone can handle Thanos. He basically 1 shotted him at the end. They don't need Carol 

I'm having a bad feeling about Captain Marvel. It opened here last night and you can feel the massive sense of disappointment in the air. I feel like fans expected so much more. I would keep an eye on the second weekend drop. I'm telling you, there's something wrong.

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Not that Cameron has any choice in going to Disney:He signed the contract with Fox, and Fox basically sold the contract to Disney as part of the deal. Cameron is legally obligated to fulfill his contract to the n ew holders of the contract. That's the way it works.

No it's really not. :jeb!:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm having a bad feeling about Captain Marvel. It opened here last night and you can feel the massive sense of disappointment in the air. I feel like fans expected so much more. I would keep an eye on the second weekend drop. I'm telling you, there's something wrong.

Napoleon talking....move along, credibility = zero.

Just so we're clear and so that people aren't confused by dudlads stupid comments - whether or not the contracts are still valid depends on the kind of contracts they are and what they say. Whether they are novation or assignment agreements, and the particularities of each individual contract. 

I highly doubt that the kind of lawyers that JC and JL use would ever write up a contract that didn't specifically bar automatic assignment. 

I know this is probably falling on deaf ears, but when the details of something this big, and as complex as a billion dollar M&A there are no easy answers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Napoleon talking....move along, credibility = zero.

Yeah, Napoleon predicts doom for every MCU film,so he is right on schedule.

I wonder why he keeps doing this;;;everybody knows Napoleon hates anything to do with Marvel Studiios and automatically bad mouths it. I think very few take him seriously at this point. He is like Fox News: He is so hopelessly biased he is pretty much worthless.

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Out of curiosity... How can you feel that exactly? :WHATanabe:

I hope that is a joke, given Nappy's posting history.

The sun comes up every morning;the seasons change;Napoleon bad mouths every MCU movie before he sees it. Basic facts of nature.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

I expect a slightly bigger 2nd Weekend drop than other MCU origin movies but more cause other MCU origins don't tend to open to $150M+. 

At the end of the day Captain Marvel is a pretty typical MCU film with most of the strengths and weaknesses you've come to expect from an MCU film. So I don't see why legs would be particularly poor. 

2 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I just read them

Thor alone can handle Thanos. He basically 1 shotted him at the end. They don't need Carol 

I assume you are referring to the events at the end of IW. Just be careful with the way you phrase things so that people don’t think you are spoiling Endgame. 

• Like 1

People are really trying hard to latch onto anything to seem to make Captain Marvel look bad. Too bad for them all of those rumors are complete BS and when the movie opens to 200M+ OW, 600M DOM and 1.3B WW, all these people are going to look like sad, desperate human beings. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1