Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

47 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

People are really trying hard to latch onto anything to seem to make Captain Marvel look bad. Too bad for them all of those rumors are complete BS and when the movie opens to 200M+ OW, 600M DOM and 1.3B WW, all these people are going to look like sad, desperate human beings. 

I  think your numbers for CM are really too high..I don't see 200 Million happening.....but, yeah, a lot of the Anti CM people are going to look silly on Monday.

And the ones looking the silliest will be the Alita Challenge people. I have seen some pretty stupid fanboy behavior, but the Alita Chanllenge takes the cake for sheer dumbness. The ability of the people who think this is going to work to ignore reality is pretty damn astonishing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I  think your numbers for CM are really too high..I don't see 200 Million happening.....but, yeah, a lot of the Anti CM people are going to look silly on Monday.

And the ones looking the silliest will be the Alita Challenge people. I have seen some pretty stupid fanboy behavior, but the Alita Chanllenge takes the cake for sheer dumbness. The ability of the people who think this is going to work to ignore reality is pretty damn astonishing.

The Alita Challenge people are embarrassing, just flat out embarrassing. What will they do on Sunday when we get the numbers and Captain Marvel kills that film worldwide? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Alita Challenge people are embarrassing, just flat out embarrassing. What will they do on Sunday when we get the numbers and Captain Marvel kills that film worldwide? 

They will be crying in their James Cameron frosty flakes. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn't mind the Alita Challenge if it was merely a positive campaign. I support those who want more people to see their favorite films in theaters. It's the negativity I have an issue with. Encourage others to see Alita in theaters without bashing Captain Marvel and telling everybody to skip it because of the politics. That's just spiteful and really irritating for people interested in both films. It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

I wouldn't mind the Alita Challenge if it was merely a positive campaign. I support those who want more people to see their favorite films in theaters. It's the negativity I have an issue with. Encourage others to see Alita in theaters without bashing Captain Marvel and telling everybody to skip it because of the politics. That's just spiteful and really irritating for people interested in both films. It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

Yeah, I actually wanted Alita to succeed more, I only dislike that challenge because it is coming from a place of negativity. In a vacuum I would celebrate Alita going up 10% this weekend. 

• Like 2

Frankly, the whole “Alita challenge” thing has soured me on the film as a whole. I thought the movie was fine, if a bit awkward in places, but I was rooting for it to get a sequel regardless. However, the moment the anti-SJW types (including noted creepy douche James Woods) apparently decided to use the film as a vehicle for their anti-CM propaganda, I’m not so sure I want to see a sequel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And it gets worse: Some of the "Anti SJW" crowd...the bigots who don't like any movie with a Woman or a Minority in a Heroic Lead role..have jumped on the Alita Challenge band wagon to try to hurt Captain Marvel.

But doesn't ALita also have a heroic female lead?

Yes, but the anti SJWers think they can use the Alita Challenger to hurt Captain Marvel, which they see as their greater enemy.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Frankly, the whole “Alita challenge” thing has soured me on the film as a whole. I thought the movie was fine, if a bit awkward in places, but I was rooting for it to get a sequel regardless. However, the moment the anti-SJW types (including noted creepy douche James Woods) apparently decided to use the film as a vehicle for their anti-CM propaganda, I’m not so sure I want to see a sequel. 

I am not sure if the Alita challenge was started by the Anti SJW crowd or the over the top ALita fans, but if the first the Alita fanboys fell right into the trap,if the second they formed an alliance with some pretty digusting allies. Not a good look for Alita fandom in any event.

And this is why ignoring reality and living in your own little fantasy world  is bad news;It always bites you in the butt eventually.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not a good look for Alita fandom in any event.

I do not think all of them are as immature as to do so, only bcs some of them are so loud makes them not a majority.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I do not think all of them are as immature as to do so, only bcs some of them are so loud makes them not a majority.

Problem is it's always the loud ones who attract the most attention. They damage the image of the whole group. It's unfair, I know, but that's the way it is.

Tracking for a 120 TO A 140 Million opening in the US, and 350 Million world wide.

Which means it will probably take in more in it's first weekend then Alita will take in in it's whole run.

That AlitaChallenge is really working great,folks.....

And what is sad is that the ALita fans,by falling in with the Anti SJW crowd, don't get they are being used by the Anti SJW crowd just to try to hurt Captian Marvel. The ANti SJWers hate Alita just as much as they do Captain Marvel,and are cynically trying to use one to hurt the other.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is it's always the loud ones who attract the most attention. They damage the image of the whole group. It's unfair, I know, but that's the way it is.

but we do not have to generalize too after we have realized that.

Generalization is one of the 'weapons' used by certain groups, I think avoiding to do the same will help in the long run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

People are really trying hard to latch onto anything to seem to make Captain Marvel look bad. Too bad for them all of those rumors are complete BS and when the movie opens to 200M+ OW, 600M DOM and 1.3B WW, all these people are going to look like sad, desperate human beings. 

LOL You and your awesome predictions. 🙂  (CM: A sure-fire 90 % plus RT hit)

26 minutes ago, SirPetras said:

I'm actually curious to see if this Alita Challenge will have any effect tomorrow.

I can tell you advance, just from the numbers involved;little or None. The Alita Challenge people are just too few in number..though they make quite a bit of noise..to have any impact on CM's box office.

These kind of fan stunts never work.

• Thanks 1

So it seems to me DC is abandonning space/Fantasy/dimensions stuff no ?

Superman and Green Lantern are in limbo.

Next Batman will be likely more grounded than TDK trilogy.

So no aliens in DC land for a long time I think.

Unless New Gods are from outer space.

SO Grounded movies and solo movies, I wonder what led to that decision making ... (NOT).

36 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So it seems to me DC is abandonning space/Fantasy/dimensions stuff no ?

Superman and Green Lantern are in limbo.

Next Batman will be likely more grounded than TDK trilogy.

So no aliens in DC land for a long time I think.

Unless New Gods are from outer space.

SO Grounded movies and solo movies, I wonder what led to that decision making ... (NOT).

Offers a nice alternative since Marvel seems to be going more Cosmic/Space. The majority of DC's upcoming movies are grounded outside of WW84

Edited by BeastByTheBay

New Gods is entirely set in Space/other worlds and is the DC movie I am looking most forward to. I love the cosmic stuff and DC has a rich outer space universe. I wish they explore it more beyond just the lanterns

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1