Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Hell, Disney would probably bend for Cameron, due to the vast potential the franchise has on it’s own and Cameron knows he has all of the cards on the table. Even if Disney somehow has the total rights, they wouldn’t strip Cameron away as there’s no Avatar without him. I doubt they’d risk something major like that slip out of their hands.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I never said I don’t care what Alita grosses. I care very much, because it needs enough for a sequel.

I agree on that as well. 

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I highly doubt they’ll interfere with Cameron. Besides if Cameron never wanted to work with Disney, he could’ve said no to them doing an theme park exhibition and give it to Universal Studios.

Disney is a bigger brand and gives Avatar land more exposure.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't really think they need to string money from Cameron especially when Cameron's one of the most outspoken people in Hollywood who would instantly make it known they're doing that.

Yeah we might hear about it 5 years from now, you never hear him shittalking studios before his film is released.

Disney has it's pros and cons.

Pro's

-Better exposure

-Better marketing

-power (critics scared)

Con's

-seemingly most unethical studio

-with more power they can take more money from Jim

Honestly as long as they let Jim have FULL CREATIVE CONTROL Disney is the studio for me.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hell, Disney would probably bend for Cameron, due to the vast potential the franchise has on it’s own and Cameron knows he has all of the cards on the table. Even if Disney somehow has the total rights, they wouldn’t strip Cameron away as there’s no Avatar without him. I doubt they’d risk something major like that slip out of their hands.

Remember that Jim owns the Avatar IP!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hell, Disney would probably bend for Cameron, due to the vast potential the franchise has on it’s own and Cameron knows he has all of the cards on the table. I doubt they’d risk something major like that slip out of their hands.

Cameron has very little tolerance for suits, he’s infamous for that. I doubt Disney gets much out of him, they might squeeze him for money but I doubt they will ever get any artistic control over Avatar. Cameron is just too valuable to lose, I doubt he would take any amount of money in exchange for allowing executive meddling in his movies. He knows the quality of his movies are his legacy.

54 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

lol

You just know it’s looking REALLY good already. There’s no other reason to do such a thing this early. Disney is clearly very proud of what’s already been finished in post. Probably a level above the best money shots in the first avatar (think warpaint Neytiri)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

People trying HARD to belittle the RT score for Captain Marvel. WOW! The bitterness is oh so sweet. 

If by bitterness you mean laughing hysterically at it, sure. 

AD42U2a.png

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

"I don't get paid enough to review this shit, just take the fresh tomato and don't @ me"

15 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Cameron has very little tolerance for suits, he’s infamous for that. I doubt Disney gets much out of him, they might squeeze him for money but I doubt they will ever get any artistic control over Avatar. Cameron is just too valuable to lose, I doubt he would take any amount of money in exchange for allowing executive meddling in his movies. He knows the quality of his movies are his legacy.

That’s exactly what I was trying to say. Disney knows Cameron is their MVP as their brands will start to diminish next year and they’d do anything for him (I like to believe Disney will allow him an Alita 2). Disney will probably give him full creative control because of it.

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Disney is a bigger brand and gives Avatar land more exposure.

Yeah we might hear about it 5 years from now, you never hear him shittalking studios before his film is released.

Disney has it's pros and cons.

Pro's

-Better exposure

-Better marketing

-power (critics scared)

Con's

-seemingly most unethical studio

-with more power they can take more money from Jim

Honestly as long as they let Jim have FULL CREATIVE CONTROL Disney is the studio for me.

Which again showed he wanted to work with Disney, he could’ve been more about artistic integrity and gone with some else or do it himself.

I also don’t see why Disney wouldn’t give him total control. He even went to Disney when Fox wouldn’t give him what he wanted. Why wouldn’t he do the same to a different studio if Disney refuses his demands. This is Cameron’s world and Disney knows they’re just living in it.

Just gonna say this not even Marvel has looked at Captain Marvel as the answer to Wonder Woman. Honestly she's a C list superhero in recognition. What's she known most for is introducing Kamala Khan and what Rogue does to her to basically get her powers and Rogue is a much more beloved character then Captain Marvel.

Back in the 90's when DC and Marvel were doing Marvel v DC comics, the Marvel character they pitted Wonder Woman against was Storm not Captain Marvel and that makes a lot more sense. Storm is easily an A list Superhero, she's got recognition from being one of the most iconic X-Men and not to mention her huge connection to Black Panther. I actually hope Storm is introduced in BP 2 tbh. It'd make complete sense.

8 hours ago, Hades said:

:ph34r:

Rotten tomatoes critic without being false, is a bit pushing it:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/critic/dany-roth/tv

He reviewed on RT only one thing, Supergirl season 2 and 0 movie.

When he is talking about not saying he hated a movie it is on twitter on personal blog or something, not on a RT accepted platform review. Everyone "knew" a lot of those people at that level were doing that.

And they make that distinction at 59:00, 2 of the podcaster explicitly say we all played ball with a corporation, but in 20 year's I never heard/saw someone softball an actual review with the other saying no that is true that do not happen.

Acting like you liked the person movie you are currently interviewing on the junket to make the interview flow smoothly is quite quite different than writing an actual published review of the movie. Close to fake news territory.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Anyone who thinks that the Alita challenge will change a damn thing needs to take their head out of the sand. The film is a flop in North America. Alita flopped opening weekend and has never recovered. Captain Marvel will give it a final killing blow this weekend.

I have seen over the top fans do some silly and stupid things;but the Alita Challenge takes the cake for sheer denial of reality.

ANybody who can read the numbers knows there is no way in hell this can have any real impact on Alita's box office. At most it will take in  maybe a million dollars more ..and I think it will add less then that. And a million is a lot to you and me, but peanust at the box office. I guess it makes a few fans feel better about Alita's failure at the box office. ( I say failure rather then flop because a flop loses money, and Alita stand a decent chance of getting it's budget back, but it will not get into profit in any meaningful way, and for a film that cost that much to make only piddling profits is a box office failure) but as to "saving" Alita..it does not stand a chance in hell

The biggest problem I have with over the top fanboys....and not just Cameron fanboys..is the way they ignore facts and reality whne it clahese with their fantasies. That is always bad. Granted, in this case it's fairly harmless..except for making the fanboys look like fools...but in other areas..like politics for Instance.....it can  lead to absolute disaster. Which is why it really gets to me.

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I highly doubt they’ll interfere with Cameron. Besides if Cameron never wanted to work with Disney, he could’ve said no to them doing an theme park exhibition and give it to Universal Studios.

Cameron is the kind of filmmaker that Disney loves..he makes very popular blockbusters (though he seems to have stumbled with Alita. Well, nobody has a perfect score forever). Camerone and The Mouse will get along just fine..unless Cameron movies start to lose money on a regular basis.

Not that Cameron has any choice in going to Disney:He signed the contract with Fox, and Fox basically sold the contract to Disney as part of the deal. Cameron is legally obligated to fulfill his contract to the n ew holders of the contract. That's the way it works.

As for Disney seeking to maximazew their profits from the Avatar sequels;you think that Fox had not done the same damn thing?

IronJimbo thinks Cameron should get all the profits from his movies. Well, if Cameron paid for them out of his won pocket, the way that Gibson did with "The Passion" then, yeah, Cameron should keep the profits. But he went to Fox..and now Disney. to finance the films, so basically he is playing with others peoples' money. OF course the investors are going to get their money back first thing. That is the way that any business works. The person who pays for something always makes the big profits. If Cameron does not like that, he should finaince his own films.

Besides, Cameron 's personal worth is something nearing 700 Million Dollars, so he is not doing badly....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That’s exactly what I was trying to say. Disney knows Cameron is their MVP as their brands will start to diminish next year and they’d do anything for him (I like to believe Disney will allow him an Alita 2). Disney will probably give him full creative control because of it.

Which again showed he wanted to work with Disney, he could’ve been more about artistic integrity and gone with some else or do it himself.

I also don’t see why Disney wouldn’t give him total control. He even went to Disney when Fox wouldn’t give him what he wanted. Why wouldn’t he do the same to a different studio if Disney refuses his demands. This is Cameron’s world and Disney knows they’re just living in it.

When did Cameron go to Disney because he was unhappy with Fox?

Cameron is going to Disney because his contract with Fox was part of the Disney'Fox deal.

And as long as Cameron films continue to perform the way they have been (except for Alita) Disney will leave him alone. If his films start to lose money, that is another story.

I really think Cameron's hostility to  "Suits" is blown out of proportion. Cameron is not stupid;in the end he knows feuding with the people who finance his fimlms is a dumb move.