Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

New Gods is entirely set in Space/other worlds and is the DC movie I am looking most forward to. I love the cosmic stuff and DC has a rich outer space universe. I wish they explore it more beyond just the lanterns

Thx, ok so we ll see but are they gonna spend like 200m+ on an obscure property or New Gods can be done with a 100-130m budget ?

Crazy to think Superman is THAT problematic.

What other big DC characters that still don't have a movie ?

Flash, Catwoman and ???

Edited by The Futurist

Oh my God, Captain Marvel audience score is only 37%. What happened? Is the movie that bad?

It can't be sexism, because Wonder Woman had around 94% on opening day (and 89% now)...

[Mod Edit:OMG! OMG!

Not Cool

I

R

D]

• Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 6

Just now, Napoleon said:

Oh my God, Captain Marvel audience score is only 37%. What happened? Is the movie that bad?

It can't be sexism, because Wonder Woman had around 94% on opening day (and 89% now)...

You're being very willfully ignorant if you didn’t notice the multiple articles posted here about the manipulated audience score before release.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. I can’t believe someone would be so clueless about what’s going on with the Audience score, so I guess you’re just trolling instead. Congrats, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not Cool

I

R

D]

Nothing to see here folks. Move along now. 

Infinity War:53,000 Audience Scores

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_infinity_war

Captain Marvel:59,000 Audience Scores

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not Cool

I

R

D]

Why is a mod interfering in a post he don't like in fanboys wars topic?

That's ridiculous, @DeeCee

• Knock It Off 1

26 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Nothing to see here folks. Move along now. 

Infinity War:53,000 Audience Scores

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_infinity_war

Captain Marvel:59,000 Audience Scores

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

Wonder Woman:126,000 Audience Scores

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017

Number of audience scores

Iron Man: 1,080,703

The Incredible Hulk: 737,900

Iron Man 2: 479,041

Iron Man 3: 483,245

Black Panther: 86,353

Infinity War: 52,966

Only one conclusion can be drawn from these data points. There’s been an incredible collapse in internet usage over the last decade. 

12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Number of audience scores

Iron Man: 1,080,703

The Incredible Hulk: 737,900

Iron Man 2: 479,041

Iron Man 3: 483,245

Black Panther: 86,353

Infinity War: 52,966

Only one conclusion can be drawn from these data points. There’s been an incredible collapse in internet usage over the last decade. 

You can't argue with the data, the facts are irrefutable, :sparta:

The Captain Marvel audience score is so poor.

However that's because sexist trolls and I'm not just saying that. I have concrete proof.

The act of giving CM a poor review means you're a sexist troll.

Case and point.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

I don’t get why we’re responding or defending to Napoleon usual shtick/bait. Then again me responding to it in particular only draws more attention so yes the jokes on me.

It is interesting to note that the movies that have the less creativity to them are the most beloved :

- Logan

- Wonder Woman

Beloved by the same people who usually complain how franchise filmmaking is killing originality.

Isn't it ironic ?

Yes Alanis, it is.

Cinephiles are not that excited by new experiences it seems, they have difficulties to stray away from their comfort zone.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

It is intresting to note that the movies that have the less creativity to them are the most beloved :

- Logan

- Wonder Woman

Beloved by the same people who usually complain how franchise filmmaking is killing originality.

Isn't it ironic ?

Yes Alanis, it is.

Grounded Character and emotional work over funny book shenanigans are what Stan Lee meant when he wanted to differentiate the Marvel heroes from DC. In her own movie, WW is now more flawed & cutesy than she's ever been. 

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I get the irony, just in case.

I think it shows what I mean with the GA seems to stay away from places with a reputation of misuse, flame wars,... and why RT had to react finally.

It did not start with the actual release but the actual misuse surpasses all what I've seen there in a huge amount.

Edited by terrestrial

All funny book movies should be filmed in the country side now, instead of lame Atlanta green screens and parking lots.

The more gournded , the better IMO.

Fuck You Imagination.

Edited by The Futurist