Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Not going to start a thread for this, so I will just post it here.

------------------

For more than twenty years, Alita has been my number one favorite female character.  She is the one I judge every female action heroine against.

Alita is her world’s superman.  She is the most awesome, independent, over-powered female character, relative to her world, that I know of, in any medium (manga, comic, movie, or otherwise).  It isn’t easy to write an over-powered lead without things getting boring, but Alita manages to stay interesting thanks to a fascinating world (motorball, etc), an incredible villains like Nova (Alita’s “Lex Luthor”), and amazing story telling (later in the manga, Alita has one of the most shocking plot twists I have ever read, “the secret of Tiphares”).

I went to See Alita Battle Angel in theaters and loved it.  It was the first truly good manga/anime adaptation I have seen.  However, it wasn’t until I went home and went on line that I realized there was a problem.

You see, the makers and “feminist” backers of Captain Marvel have a grudge against Cameron.  If you saw Captain Marvel, this grudge is blatantly inserted into the film (see Captain Marvel takes a shot at James Cameron's sexist, racist True Lies).  To get back Cameron, Disney/Marvel used all its muscle to kill Alita and one-up Cameron at the box office with Captain Marvel.

Before I continue, to understand how bad this attack was, here are critics reviews from other parts of the world:

Germany

Alita 7.2  (https://www.moviepilot.de/movies/battle-angel)

Captain Marvel 6.9  (https://www.moviepilot.de/movies/captain-marvel)

France

Alita 3.5  (http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=61280.html

Captain Marvel 3.2  (http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=141110.html)

China

Alita 7.6  (https://movie.douban.com/subject/1652592/

Captain Marvel 7.0  (https://movie.douban.com/subject/26213252/)

Rotten Tomatoes

Alita 60%  (top critic 32%)

Captain Marvel 78%

That 32% RT top critic rating for Alita is criminal, completely out of line with critics around the world.  That 32% is the result of a grudge by so-called feminists against Cameron.  Don’t believe me?  Here is top reviewer, Katie Walsh, from Chicago Tribune’s 2 star review of Alita, and here is Katie Walsh on twitter saying “We must come together as a nation to stop James Cameron from writing female characters.”

The “SJWs” (just learned that term) at Disney/Marvel put their entire weight behind crushing Alita.  They attack it months before it came out (‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Isn’t The Feminist Blockbuster You’re Looking For).  They relentlessly attacked Alita leading up to its release (Alita panned by critics: What is wrong with Alita: Battle Angel? Why is it SO bad?).  They repeated it was flop and bomb at every opportunity ('Alita: Battle Angel' on Track to Become a $200 Million Flop).  After its release, Alita RT rating was kept at 59% for the first four weeks.  Every time it would go up 60%, within hours, a new review would knock it back down to 59%.

Despite all these attacks, Alita still manage to gross over 400 million worldwide, breaking even.  However, the “SJW”, fake-feminist attack cost Alita that extra 100-300 million needed for a sequel.

The world won’t have the first, action-movie trilogy with a female lead, not because of the “patriarchy”, but because of people claiming to be feminist.  Because of their petty grudge with Cameron, these Disney/Marvel FAKE-feminist attacked the most badass female character I have ever known, costing her the sequel she deserved.

I don’t intend to forgive this.  I will be avoiding everything Disney, MCU or otherwise, for a very long time (missing endgame and spider-man will be painful, but I will catch them for free on some plane ride).

Edited by cedec0
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 5

On 3/24/2019 at 2:57 AM, cdsacken said:

Watched GOTG 2 for the second time. Good lord it was so much better the 2nd time around. I think I compared it to the first one too much but man the ending was so damn good. 

That and Ultron are the most under rated films in the MCU. Some of the best scenes are in those 2

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:08 AM, Ororo Munroe said:

I don't think the issue with MoS is so much about people taking issue with Superman killing as it is that the movie itself simply isn't that entertaining. After all, the general audience doesn't really care about canon or being faithful to comics...they want an enjoyable movie experience above all else. That is the difference between MoS and CM. Whether you personally like CM or not, the vast majority see it as a good time at the movies. 

MOS had one undeniably great action sequence in the Battle of Smallville but other then that it just felt "Meh" to me.9If fact that was a flaw..it peaked way too early).

And Snyder screwed up in that all of Superman' actions in MOS are pretty damn justifiable...he saved the freaking world, for Heaven's sake and only killed Zod to keep him from commiting mass murder our of rage at his big plot having failed.....but then Snyder tries to introduce questions of their morality in BvS...if he wanted do that he should have made them more questionable in MoS. Just not well thought out. And that was the whole problem with BvS it was not well thought out. It was an attempt to jump start the DCU so Warners could get to it's JL movie..and it backfired.

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Interesting tibits from this thread 

Basically confirms WB changed up Snyder's 5 Part Arc once BvS underperformed 

EDIT: Here's some video 

?

Apparently the inital JL script/idea was somehow more fucked up than anything they could've come up with. So they had to compromise and aim for an Infinity War (those damn spies passed it on again to the enemy! :ph34r:).

Then, shit hit the fan, and Josstice League became their endgame because it apparently worked out so well for Suicide Squad.

5 hours ago, eddyxx said:

That and Ultron are the most under rated films in the MCU. Some of the best scenes are in those 2

I just watched that for the 2nd time as well (netflix UK added them). Ultron is so damn good but there are still several issues I have with that film. I like it but still wish it was better.

• Knock It Off 1