Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

I'd put money on it making the 2020 release date, considering A2 is already in post. James Cameron made Terminator 2 in 9 months, when he's ready to make a film, he's ready, and 2020 is such a perfect release date it's hard to fathom imagining JC pushing it out again.

WHY DID I SAY ANYTHING????? DAMN IT IT’S ALL MY FAULT!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Here's the updated schedule for CBMs:

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

June 7, 2019 - Dark Phoenix
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
April 3, 2020 - New Mutants
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
December 22, 2022 - Aquaman 2

So Dinsey is opeing New Mutants against a unknown DC film?

You would think Disney would wait to find out what the compejtion will be before doing that.

Unless, of course, they are dumping the film....which IMHO is the most likely scenario given NM's miserable history.

• Knock It Off 1

37 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So Dinsey is opeing New Mutants against a unknown DC film?

You would think Disney would wait to find out what the compejtion will be before doing that.

Unless, of course, they are dumping the film....which IMHO is the most likely scenario given NM's miserable history.

What DC film that hasn’t already been dated will be opening on that date? Nothing else has been in production long enough or even started filming to make that date. 

• Like 1

Disney decided to do what everybody knew was going to happen, and officially took the Channing Tatum Gambit film off the schedule, officially killing it.

It has been  in limbo at Fox for a long time; they wen through a number of directors all of whom pulled out because of script problems.  In the end, it was the inability to get a good script  that killed it.

Though I think the whole project was questionable; Gambit was huge in the 90's but the days of high popularity are long gone, and several of the X men are currently a lot more popular then Gambit.

5 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Disney owns Avatar.

Patently false. Jim owns Avatar. There might be an argument to make that Disney owns Jim, but at this stage we're all just slaves to one corp or another. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Patently false. Jim owns Avatar. There might be an argument to make that Disney owns Jim, but at this stage we're all just slaves to one corp or another. 

Does that mean if Jim is not happy he can take Avatar to another studio. So Disney just own the distribution rights from Fox but the property is under Jim’s ownership?

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Does that mean if Jim is not happy he can take Avatar to another studio. So Disney just own the distribution rights from Fox but the property is under Jim’s ownership?

Back in the days is Fox deal looked like that (more than first look, exclusive/pre approved distribution deal it look like):

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1992-04-22-ca-500-story.html

If I understand correctly, negative pick up model (i.e. made like an independent movie free of interference, the studio only pay later when they receive the movie done), Cameron continued to own intl right back then.

For the already financed movies obviously no, for the future sequel I would imagine also no, I would imagine Fox had at least some first look deal on all sequel.

When Cameron went to Disney for Avatar in 2006, Fox used their right of first refusal on him, to kept the project to them, I would imagine now Disney own that right:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100124093903/http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_05/b4165048396178_page_3.htm

By mid-2006, according to someone involved in the negotiations, Fox was still concerned that making Avatarwould cost too much money. "They told us in no uncertain terms that they were passing on this film," Cameron says. Cameron decided the best way forward was to try to persuade another studio to get involved. Walt Disney (DIS) had produced two of the director's 3D underwater documentaries, so Cameron invited Dick Cook, then Disney's studio chief, to watch the clip. "We loved Jim and would have liked to have worked with him," says Cook. "He has an infectious love of 3D that impressed us. Unfortunately, we never got that far." The reason: Fox had the first right of refusal. "We were never going to let this one get away," says Fox Co-Chairman Jim Gianopoulos.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Exactly right. 

• Knock It Off 1

40 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Never seen her outside of her acting, is she really that unaware? That's very awkward. 

Yeah, she seems out of touch.  Looks like some people can't handle the banter, and I don't mean just her.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's official, Brie Larson is unlikeable. 

I would say that some of the hate against Brie Larson is pure sexism.

But I know a lot of guys who loved how strong of a female icon Gal Gadot Wonder Women was and really found Brie Larson as Captain Marvel meh...Brie Larson is a very confident female to being  overconfident at times and to some that is not a likeable quality. Was this due to the actress or the script is debatable.

In the end Brie Larson really does not have a great personality but not a bad one either. Just compared to Black Widow, Wonder Women, Iron Man and Thor and others she just has nowhere the amount charm and likeability as those characters and actors so it really stands out.

Personally I think brie Larson has taken a lot of the sexist barrage against her to heart and has now become overly defensive. Perhaps it is justified because or her experiences?

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Universal will soon be in touch with Jim...:ph34r: