Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Batman and Superman/DC movies are usually a one-chance film opportunity and the movies test sensitively to audiences

MCU is on #22 and Dr. Strange couldn't break the mold of repeat MCU and the fanbase is...?  i'm lost here...  gold and fools gold?

Edited by Clubs Are Trash

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Star Wars. Come on now.

They'd have no big films in the summer... and there's no big films scheduled for all of May to June outside of Black Widow, F&F9 and Top Gun 2.

The future is good for DC. WW84, The Batman, Aquaman 2 are all guarantee hits. Suicide Squad 2 and Black Adam have good chances to be massive and Birds of Prey should be very solid. It's a shame a future Justice League film is still awhile away (I think it comes around the same time Marvel will be ready for Avengers 5) but DC has so much untapped potential it's hard to kill it off with a couple of poorly received films. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clubs Are Trash said:

Batman and Superman/DC movies are usually a one-chance film opportunity and the movies test sensitively to audiences

MCU is on #22 and Dr. Strange couldn't break the mold of repeat MCU and the fanbase is...?  i'm lost here...  gold and fools gold?

Huh? Dr strange was a success and they are making a sequel. 

It did more than JL despite way less marketing cost. It made a profit instead of a big loss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Unfortunately, there’s no way DC will have a movie as big as Endgame anytime within the next few decades. As someone who’s more of a DC fan, it sucks that Marvel is dominating the market to such an insane degree, but that’s just how life is I guess. 

You really have no clue how big of a deal it is that Aquaman, a DC movie no a WB movie, made as much as it did especially in China. The other thing is that they finally let New Line Cinema do a superhero movie since this masterpiece:

Son of the Mask Poster

I saw Shazam!...not at all suprised why that made as much as it did even if the marketing was hypotetically the best ever.

3 hours ago, Silcardo Jenazad said:

true it's not like marvel was that far removed from it's own share of badly received movies when they got things going. hell it took a while before those movies really took off in terms of box office. 

Oh man this x1000. They had Iron Man 1 & Iron Man 2 and then...The Avengers!

Never forget.

Same amount of time to get to the big team-up movie of "phase 1"

Same number of movies to get to the first billie.

Edited by 2kt09

15 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It happened with Infity War aswell.

I thought Titanic was done for with Infinity War, yet it was pretty safe in the end.

This time I thought Avatar was done for... but I'm not so sure anymore.

Yeah they are always wrong. Avatar is most likely safe. Don't worry. Jimmy will remain king LOL. 

I think problem is with writer and director. Brie Larson is good actress if she is given right material she will steal the show.

Watch Scott Pilgrim, Short Term 12 and Room.

This is same problem as Captain America. In its first outing CA didn't connected much with audience.

We should give her time. Criticising Brie will not help. Marvel writers should be criticised for not writing compelling storyline.
  • Knock It Off 1

On 5/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, WittyUsername said:

Unfortunately, there’s no way DC will have a movie as big as Endgame anytime within the next few decades. As someone who’s more of a DC fan, it sucks that Marvel is dominating the market to such an insane degree, but that’s just how life is I guess. 

Warner Brothers really only has themselves to blame. They wanted that big Avengers money but they couldn't be bothered to put the work in and just started throwing characters together hoping to coast on the hype factor that Marvel has built up over the course of several movies.

I was super excited for a Justice League movie but I always said it would never work without doing the solo movies first. Make people invested in those characters first. Otherwise, putting them together is only really cool because it happened in other mediums.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Warner Brothers really only has themselves to blame. They wanted that big Avengers money but they couldn't be bothered to put the work in and just started throwing characters together hoping to coast on the hype factor that Marvel has built up over the course of several movies.

I was super excited for a Justice League movie but I always said it would never work without doing the solo movies first. Make people invested in those characters first. Otherwise, putting them together is only really cool because it happened in other mediums.

The DCAU did a Justice League show without having properly introduced most of its members. Really, the only established characters in the DCAU by that point were Batman and Superman. The Flash had been in a single episode of S:TAS, beforehand, but he wasn’t exactly a fully realized character. Not having six or seven solo movies before the Justice League movie wasn’t the problem. 

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The DCAU did a Justice League show without having properly introduced most of its members. Really, the only established characters in the DCAU by that point were Batman and Superman. The Flash had been in a single episode of S:TAS, beforehand, but he wasn’t exactly a fully realized character. Not having six or seven solo movies before the Justice League movie wasn’t the problem. 

You're talking about a cartoon show on Kids WB. It's a completely different thing. And even then, the Superman and Batman animated series were on for years beforehand. 

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There is a huge difference between an animated TV show aimed at kids and people who are already pretty much fans of the charecters, and a film that needs to appeal to a general audience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

There is a huge difference between an animated TV show aimed at kids and people who are already pretty much fans of the charecters, and a film that needs to appeal to a general audience.

I still don’t see why they would’ve needed to give each character their own film before doing the Justice League movie. It’s not like Black Widow and Hawkeye had their own movies. Hell, CW brought in Black Panther and Spider-Man without previously establishing either of them. 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I still don’t see why they would’ve needed to give each character their own film before doing the Justice League movie. It’s not like Black Widow and Hawkeye had their own movies. Hell, CW brought in Black Panther and Spider-Man without previously establishing either of them. 

TO be honest, Spidey was so well know they did not need to establish him except a brief verbal reference to his how he got his spider powers. And They "established" BP in the course of CW.

Agreed DC did not to need to every JL member his own film. But you did need to establish the charecters somehow and DC failed to do this.

I dont understand why people think I'm a concerned troll. I'm a legit MCU fanatic. I just hyperventilate over box office numbers and always prepare for the worst. It's called having no life. But whatever man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I dont understand why people think I'm a concerned troll. I'm a legit MCU fanatic. I just hyperventilate over box office numbers and always prepare for the worst. It's called having no life. But whatever man. 

concern troll?