Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

God i can't wait for Sonic to kill cinema so we can never have these dumb debates again

also Avatar is fine

it's probably Cameron's weakest not Pirhana 2 movie, and definitely loses a bit of magic when watched at home, but it's still a solid movie

1. Titanic

2. Terminator 2: Judgement Day

3. Aliens

4. The Terminator

5. Avatar (theatrical cut)

6. Avatar (director's cut)

7. The Abyss (director's cut)

8. True Lies

9. The Abyss (theatrical cut)

10. "the best flying piranha film ever made"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

1. Titanic

3. Aliens

4. The Terminator

8. True Lies

For me the extended cut of Avatar is best, the grace scenes are fantastic.

Listing Jim's masterpieces is so hard... which do I prefer? Honestly it's how I'm feeling on the day.

For rewatchability though.

What Avatar be above Aliens if not for the sequels coming out? Not sure

1) Avatar

2) Aliens

3) T2

4) The Terminator

5)Titanitc

6) The Abyss

7) True Lies

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

1. Titanic

3. Aliens

4. The Terminator

8. True Lies

1. Aliens

3. Avatar

4. Titanic

5. The Abyss

6. The Terminator

7. True Lies

8. "the best flying piranha film ever made"

:worthy:

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

Note the people cheering for Avatar's demise are cheering the winning of corporate movie making. The monopolization of movies, and the kind of cultural malaise (using 80 year old comics aimed at children) that has fed into the worst of our collective natures (is it unsurprising to anyone else that a movie with a main character whose name is 'Captain America' should be so successful in the Trump Era... I think not). 

If there is any good to come from EG beating A it's that people will probably stop disliking A for no reason other than its own success. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Note the people cheering for Avatar's demise are cheering the winning of corporate movie making. The monopolization of movies, and the kind of cultural malaise (using 80 year old comics aimed at children) that has fed into the worst of our collective natures (is it unsurprising to anyone else that a movie with a main character whose name is 'Captain America' should be so successful in the Trump Era... I think not). 

If there is any good to come from EG beating A it's that people will probably stop disliking A for no reason other than its own success. 

*Yawn*

That's a mighty high pulpit you're standing on. That's all I really have to say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

MCU being this generation's Star Wars is a little depression inducing for me though, because aside from the cinematic universe aspect, there's nothing "this generation" about it, the material goes back all the way to the 1950s, and Spider-Man films were already massively popular in the early 2000s, same with X-men films. MCU's massive success is not reflective any cultural creation of the now, but a reflection of our current nostalgia obsessed era and our inability to embrace new material.

I do understand your point but it's not like the MCU was built on massively popular superheroes who already were well known to audiences. I don't necessarily agree that Marvel got to where it is today by appealing to people's love of the comic book characters when most of the heroes they introduced were B List or in the case of GOTG C or D list at best. A bit different from the Star Wars sequel trilogy which could stand on the shoulders of the most popular and influential franchise in North America.

The whole "I don't remember the names of those characters so no cultural impact" argument I find kinda silly by people cause I frankly forget 95% of the characters names in original movies that don't have sequels. 

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

(is it unsurprising to anyone else that a movie with a main character whose name is 'Captain America' should be so successful in the Trump Era... I think not). 

I mean Captain America was already quite popular before the Trump era considering Winter Soldier came out in April 2014 and Civil War came out in May 2016 before the election. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Its this kind of pathetic Gamespot/Reddit style shit posting that stopped me posting here for over a year. I mean seriously, just read back your post, then look in the mirror and ask yourself 'How old am i?'

Stopped posting or lurked?  Either way, I remember you, you were more or less another single issue poster.  And its funny you say that when the Avatar thread is consistently the worst one on these forums.  

And last time I checked this is the shitposting thread.  Why are you complaining about shitposting and immaturity while reading a "fanboy war" thread on a fucking movie forum? emot-smug.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

And its funny you say that when the Avatar thread is consistently the worst one on these forums.  

Agreed. It too often breaks up the monotony of the superhero and star wars threads. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, langer said:

As of May 7th 2019, I still don't believe Avatar 2 is going to be released in 2020.  

I'd put money on it making the 2020 release date, considering A2 is already in post. James Cameron made Terminator 2 in 9 months, when he's ready to make a film, he's ready, and 2020 is such a perfect release date it's hard to fathom imagining JC pushing it out again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

I'd put money on it making the 2020 release date, considering A2 is already in post. James Cameron made Terminator 2 in 9 months, when he's ready to make a film, he's ready, and 2020 is such a perfect release date it's hard to fathom imagining JC pushing it out again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Here's the updated schedule for CBMs:

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

June 7, 2019 - Dark Phoenix
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
April 3, 2020 - New Mutants
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
December 22, 2022 - Aquaman 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, langer said:

As of May 7th 2019, I still don't believe Avatar 2 is going to be released in 2020.  

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

Wow - should have taken that bet...  ROFL

21 hours ago, Barnack said:

The one in black panther was quite interesting no ? Maybe that the elevation by MBJ playing him.

That quite the weird cognitive twisting/spinning.

to be honest i cant remember anything from black panther. i know others say he's a good villain but i don't remember it.

• Community Manager
9 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Disney owns Avatar. Before that it was Fox. Come on, the success of Avatar was always tied to corporate movie making as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1