grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Just now, Sam said:

O11 and O12 are objectively better I guess, but for some reasons, the one I watched the most times and had most fun with is O13.

I really like the last shot of Ocean's 13 where Pitt helps the reviewer win the jackpot.  Perfect way to end the trilogy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

O11 and O12 are objectively better I guess, but for some reasons, the one I watched the most times and had most fun with is O13.

You can't go wrong with any of them.

For my taste tho 11 > 12 > 13 but they're all great and I love them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I really like the last shot of Ocean's 13 where Pitt helps the reviewer win the jackpot.  Perfect way to end the trilogy.

I ain’t fancy like that. My favorite is Matt Damon’s fake nose bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sam said:

I ain’t fancy like that. My favorite is Matt Damon’s fake nose bit.

Sam, I just want to remind you and your dancing shoes to...

Spoiler

not get disappointed. 

Damon's not in this one, despite it being reported that he was. 

• Disbelief 1

we're getting real close to rankings so here are mine for the record

On 6/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, That One Guy said:

1. Ocean's 12 (5/5, perfect movie, prove me wrong)

2. Ocean's 11 (4.5/5, highly entertaining but not quite as fun as the idiosyncrasy of the 2nd one)

3. Ocean's 13 (3.5/5, final shot is so fucking satisfying but most of it feels like a course correction from the backlash of 12 rather than just trying to do its own thing; it's still good though, rides purely on the strength of its cast and the fact that it's a heist movie)

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I don't remember much about 12 or 13 either but there there is blasphemy!

There was a decade there where Al exclusively appeared in garbage

• Like 1

Haven't gotten around to 13 yet, but 11 and 12 are equal in quality, but they work in their own special ways. 11 works so well because of Danny and Rusty (I would kill to have a freindship like theirs), the inventive editing, the actual heist itself, the suspense and danger, and that great first ending against the fountain. The one thing I feel that does hurt it though is the epilogue thing with Danny and Rusty and Tess. I feel like if it just ended with the characters walking away from the mountain, especially with that gorgeous music.

Ocean's 12 works well simply because it doesn't take itself remotely seriously and is so gloriously self-indulgent. I just like seeing these characters go around Amsterdam. I like seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones as the snooping detective trying to hunt them down. I like Tess pretending to be Julia Roberts in a weird meta angle. I like that Bruce Willis is just...there. I love how many weird twists are in there.

O11 works as a good standard heist film, while O12 is just a wild, good time.

Why didn't Steven Soderbergh do this movie again?

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 3