grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Just now, That One Guy said:

I won't take this blasphemy of 12 and 13, which are A MASTERPIECE and GOOD (respectively)

Imma rewatch them this weekend CALM DOWN

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Don't let TOG fool you, Ocean's Twelve is very good.

If @MrPink was here he would back me up.

I can confirm. Ocean's Twelve is really good. Enjoy how "meta", and "over the top" the film is. It makes for a fun watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

90% garbage but amid that he sprinkled in Merchant of Venice, You Don't Know Jack, Insomnia and that Dunkaccino commercial

Fair, I didn't wiki to check what exactly got released that decade haha. Plz no one tell Pink that a Nolan flick caught a stray bullet from me in this thread thnx

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Fair, I didn't wiki to check what exactly got released that decade haha. Plz no one tell Pink that a Nolan flick caught a stray bullet from me in this thread thnx

@MrPink

How’s your back, Chewy? (lokisthatshowifeel.gif)

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Which is the one where the twist means there’s no actual purpose to two thirds of the movie? 12 or 13?

both of those. there's no meaning to two thirds of the franchise. imho

The twist doesn't render anything meaningless. They had to convince Zeta-Jones and Vincent Cassels that they were pulling the heist on the egg so that they could get Vincent to pay their debt and so that they could get Zeta-Jones to her dad. It's convoluted, but it doesn't negate itself by any means.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Oh, and uh...

Reveal hidden contents

What I want to know is 

Is Danny Ocean’s really dead?

I imagine if we get a sequel, they’ll get Sodenbergh back although I wouldn’t mind a female director 

34 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Kind of unfortunate that in this all-female lineup the only thing reviewers can get enthused about is the costume changes of all things.

Not really. There's an abundant amount of praise for the cast. Director on the other hand, isn't winning praise.

• Like 1