Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grim22

God's Not Dead 2 | April 1 2016 | Melissa Joan Hart, Jesse Metcalfe

Kind of weird movie to make a sequel to, I actually kind of liked God's Not Dead. but this premise seems a little far fetched. 

You know, to be honest, I feel the premise of a teacher who gets in hot water for answering a question in a manner that makes everyone around her think that she was trying to shove religion down students' throat is potentially compelling. The key would be how to make such a movie without taking sides and without the ham-fisted, subtle-as-a-sledgehammer aesthetic that these pro-Jesus movies tend to adopt. Watchng the first few scenes of the trailer, I thought that there could be a good movie made out of this...

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Already made this joke in another thread but I'll throw it out again for the official thread: I've heard God's Not Dead 3 is about Kim Davis.

I would not be shocked if they made the potential GND3 about a subject as topical as gay marriage rights vs religious rights.