grim22

God's Not Dead 2 | April 1 2016 | Melissa Joan Hart, Jesse Metcalfe

13 hours ago, SWXII said:

Muslims get Fridays, Jews Saturdays, other religions get their days, plus religious observances and Holidays.

Catholics get everyday. Your math is off a bit. Or you are  trolling with bad jokes. 

I pity the fools,  all of them, everyday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Hell, I agree with you, but I don't want religious drama on a forum for box office discussion.

Fair enough.  I've had my say and I'm bowing out. 

6 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

AVClub actually put up a really good article about the loss of good Christian films in today's marketplace. Read it if you have time.

I think that the article points out that the christian propaganda is a separate genre altogether from films that involve Christianity.

You can have a good movie, or you can have pandering crap. Most people want pandering crap.

I talked with my buddy about the first film. The buddy is religious and really liked the first one. I did not. Anyway, I told him how I feel about the first one and how the film protrays anyone who doesn't fully believe in god to either be a major dick, asshole, stupid, and that they will be punished by getting cancer. He responded that the movie points out that there are people like that. He went on to tell me his dad failed a college class because of his religion. I love my friend but at the same time, I take that with a grain of salt. This movie looks worse

A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor (played by Kevin Sorbo) was teaching a class on Karl Marx, a known atheist.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion (played by Shane Harper) who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the "poor" (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

PS: Build the Wall. Trump 2016

Absolutely hilarious and spot on comment from the comments section of the AV Club article. 

• Like 1

I'm a Christian and I Hate Christian Movies

Ultimately, what the increasingly profitable "faith film" industry machine wants to do is sell me an idea of what "taking a stand" for Jesus looks like. That involves buying a ticket, sharing a Facebook meme, going to a concert, and texting a bastardization of a late 19th-century philosophical proclamation about the bleak condition into which we humans have painted ourselves to 10 people RIGHT NOW. It's arguing with your professor and being certain you're right. It's "supporting" a movie for its message, and definitely not criticizing it when it fails to be a good movie (though when an atheist makes a respectful but somewhat fanciful film based on a Biblical story, look out).

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/christian-movies-why-gods-not-dead-and-faith-based-films-hurt-religion/entertainment