WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

What was the Bond movie with the giant Spider base in the sea & the Amphibious white car ?

It s a Roger Moore, I love when the car comes out of the sea and the Bond theme starts.

That s the Bond fun I miss.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, treeroy said:

I've seen 19(?) Bond films, don't like any of them. They are all stupid and sexist and too long and they're all identical to each other, they never expand or improve on previous films.

Ah, Mr Bond.  You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.

I think after the first half a dozen or so you probably should just call it a day.  It only took me one Fast & Furious to throw in the towel. :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WAT

WHERE IS MY MAJESTIC DROP?!?!?! FUCK YOU UNIVERSAL!

Look at it this way: it's probably the shortest run ever for a 2,000+ release so it's a record in its own right.

Edited by cookie

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What was the Bond movie with the giant Spider base in the sea & the Amphibious white car ?

It s a Roger Moore, I love when the car comes out of the sea and the Bond theme starts.

That s the Bond fun I miss.

The Spy Who Loved Me.  The base being another magnificent Ken Adams set.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Spy Who Loved Me.  The base being another magnificent Ken Adams set.

And yeah good poing too, all Bond movies had amazing sets too.

The Sean Connery/Roger Moore Bond were spectacular for their time.

Like Disney, the Bond families always understood production values & escapism.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And yeah good poing too, all Bond movies had amazing sets too.

The Sean Connery/Roger Moore Bond were spectacular for their time.

Like Disney, the Bond families always understood production values & escapism.

Ken Adams last Bond film was Moonraker and it shows - no other Bond film sets have been as grand or wacky since though they've tried with Ice Palaces and Desert Lairs.

Agreed, they had a great consistent stable of talent with from set design to composer to stunts to script doctors.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, treeroy said:

I've seen 19(?) Bond films, don't like any of them. They are all stupid and sexist and too long and they're all identical to each other, they never expand or improve on previous films.

If Bond has taught me anything, its that chicks dig being treated that way...

Goldfinger-096.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ken Adams last Bond film was Moonraker and it shows - no other Bond film sets have been as grand or wacky since though they've tried with Ice Palaces and Desert Lairs.

Agreed, they had a great consistent stable of talent with from set design to composer to stunts to script doctors.

The sets in the space station were fantastic too, I was surprised to see how big they were, ah the good ol' days of Pinewood...

There s a reason the Bond brand has survived time.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The sets in the space station were fantastic too, I was surprised to see how big they were, ah the good ol' day of Pinewood...

The submariner/tanker set in TSWLM was at the time (maybe still is) the biggest set ever built and Stanley Kubrick lit it for Adams as a favor.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looks like Universal stopped tracking it. They don't want any records. So basically - NOT A RECORD.

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And now, all showings are officially Jempty!

Is this the box office equivalent of "Street Fighter rage quit" - you know, where a player quits in the middle of a fight?  Universal doesn't want any more Jem box office records, so they go, "Jem can't have the theater drop record, because we're ending its run right now!"

• Like 2

• Community Manager

I'm thinking peanuts will do better than expected. I'm at the movie theater right now for specter and there are so many kids with Snoopy toys. It's insane

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Is this the box office equivalent of "Street Fighter rage quit" - you know, where a player quits in the middle of a fight?  Universal doesn't want any more Jem box office records, so they go, "Jem can't have the theater drop record, because we're ending its run right now!"

Yep.  It's like the Mercy Rule in Little League Baseball