WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Guys this thread is just the prove that the hungergames died.. I mean last year there were atleast 80 pages on the preview numbers, everybody was talking about it. Now there is only 13 pages with the friday estimation included....

Last year was an unprecedented drop for the franchise combined with the wrong numbers being reported for previews. This years preview numbers are more or less along expected lines and the Friday numbers are also what you would expect based on the previews. Most of the WWW and splitting the movie discussion also happened last year and don't think people want to keep harping on that point. If previews for this had come in at 25M again, then we would probably be on page 50+ by now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Guys this thread is just the prove that the hungergames died.. I mean last year there were atleast 80 pages on the preview numbers, everybody was talking about it. Now there is only 13 pages with the friday estimation included....

Could it also be that last year the w/e threads in general were still a free for all and often more about Pokeman? :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Get ready to get a lot angrier.

Still could do less than Phantom Menace in the end, attendance wise.

Can the fans handle this information ?

Jar Jar selling more tickets than Ray, Finn & the old gang ?

I just agree with everyone who says Hunger Games is a fad in a way. Hunger Games and Catching Fire I caught twice in theaters and went to a sold out midnight show for the latter. Mockingjay Part 1 I was always iffy on with the marketing and saw a month into it's run. This one I'm more interested in but am still cool with waiting a week to have my parents pay for me.

That said, it's only four weeks until something that ain't a fad comes out

Other numbers:

Sony/MGM/Eon’s Spectre, which currently counts $139.1M through two weeks, will see a third frame that’s down 50% for $16.8M and a running cume by Sunday of $155.9M. Some even think it could dip 45%, which is fantastic in the face of a big girl like Katniss.

In third, 20th Century Fox’s The Peanuts Movie is looking at $13M-$14M in its third session. It could come close to crossing $100M by Sunday.

Sony’s R-rated comedy The Night Before is currently eyeing an opening today that’s between $4.5M-$5.5M, with a FSS between $12M-$14M. STX/IM Global’s Secret In Their Eyes is looking at $2M-$3M today for a $6M-$8M take, which is in the range of what the distributor was expecting.

• Like 2