kayumanggi

FIRST MAN | 10.12.18 | Universal | Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling | Neil Armstrong biopic

20 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

First Man cutting out the flag is absolutely stupid and just more evidence of Hollywood stupidly pandering to overseas. They won't give a shit about this. China won't get it since it isn't filled with Fast cars, explosions or big robots. They can't really process anything more complex than that. And Americans are going to boycott this. womp womp.

yeesh someone woke up on the wrong side of the Texas this morning

It's beautiful to see so much empathy, tolerance and acceptance towards other people s opinion on a movie that deals with historical facts.

In an era where every movie, casting decision etc is dissected by the New Puritans, you  better play for the right team because, oh, you didn't know ?

There is only one team that is always right.

ALWAYS.

The condescending, holier than thou, patronizing kind of Team.

End of Session.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6318_FD70_85_F1_4_FC4_BE93_D2_E2_E6_E51_

B9_FD8_D7_A_F31_B_44_B4_AB5_A_AE1155_CD3

Gosling: “I don’t think that Neil viewed himself as an American hero. From my interviews with his family and people that knew him, it was quite the opposite.”

4_A33_EF4_C_E207_479_A_B3_D6_BEC0_B3_C91

Hmm 🤔 Maybe this helps @aabattery? Sorry for my confusing post! Hope this clears things up. Good luck understanding!

11 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Nice work, Gosling, turning a minor decision made for storybeat reasons into a huge controversy everyone's talking about. At least Armstrong's son seems to have inherited some of Armstrong's genius.

The first I heard about this was due to Gosling's idiotic remark that the landing wasn't an American achievement but a world achievement.  IMO, this gets nowhere near the publicity without the stupid celebrity commenting. 

Edited by Gamera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2018 at 11:29 PM, aabattery said:

Legitimately impressed by how incredibly stupid this whole flag kerfuffle is. Great response from Armstrong's son, though.

“Why should we believe them, it’s not like they knew him.”

• Like 1

When it comes to the flag issue, I... don't get the problem? The movie looks like a loving tribute to its subject's courage and ingenuity, so getting worked up over the absence of the flag sounds silly. It's not as though anyone in the audience is going to forget that Armstrong is an American who put Americans on the moon first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

When it comes to the flag issue, I... don't get the problem? The movie looks like a loving tribute to its subject's courage and ingenuity, so getting worked up over the absence of the flag sounds silly. It's not as though anyone in the audience is going to forget that Armstrong is an American who put Americans on the moon first.

They're probably just angry that there apparently isn't a blatant, in-your-face "fuck yeah America" moment, as usual.

15 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

The absence of the flag would be a strange choice and one that would understandably bring questions up.

The American flag is fully featured in the movie, the moment when it was planted is not (i.e. Most if not 100% of the comments is from people that have not seen the movie, so it would not surprise me that it end up with people worked up over the absence of the flags, they have no idea and react to fake news click-bait Internet)